Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

i have been sick for almost 4 months now im wondering if I

i have been sick for almost 4 months now im wondering if I can get some info from you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--give me all the information you can about what's going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started out with just a headcold, way back the end of Jan. turned into a chest cold as well, I do have asthma and take both orange and blue puffer, I have been taking them regularly for 2.5 months now, I did go to emerg back April 5th he gave me antibiotics for 10 days I did start to feel better but then about a week later I was worse again and still am, I did go to ermeg last wee again because I have missed 5 weeks of work now and I cant function, I sleep day and night its crazy sleeping 12 hours through night then 2 hour naps during day here and there and still cant function.
I also get hard lumps under jaw area and my neck glands feel swollen, i have been having a hoarse voice for 4 weeks now the last week i have had pretty much no voice, burning in chest, chest feels congested but no cough
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and you mentioned some blood work results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RBC is low, lymphocytes is low, PT is high, glucose is high and creatinine is low, i was negaticve for mono, diabetis and thyroid.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What was your total white cell count and how high was the glucose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
white b c was 8.7
glucose was 6.1
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. We're you screened for EBV titers and for Lyme disease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not that i know, would it say those things on bloodwork papers i have them here i don't see those letters.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How about your thyroid function--has that been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did blood work to check thyroid it came back negative as well as mono testing
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--you mentioned low RBC's--what was your hemoglobin and hematocrit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean HGB was 129 and HCT.38
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--then you aren't anemic Sorry for all the questions here. Did you get a chest x-ray?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he said i sound clear

am i getting charged extra for more than 15 minutes?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--same price no matter how long we take here. One more thing--you mentioned not being able to function--besides the excess sleeping can you tell me what you meant by that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no energy, cant function to do my work which is a bookkeeper, just so tired
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--here are my thoughts. First off, even with the negative mono screen, you may have elevated EBV titers and so are actually suffering from mono and that can take up to six weeks to resolve. That said, you may have low thyroid despite the lab results if your TSH was 3.0 or higher. Finally, I would also consider Lyme disease even if you don't recally a tick bite, so I would screen you for that, too.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice