Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

my chorestrol is 212 my hdls are 51 my ldls are 137 my tricysrides

my chorestrol is 212
my hdls are 51
my ldls are 137
my tricysrides are 118
my doctor wants me to take lipatore and at 20 mg

Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, your cholesterol and LDL levels are both high ,healthy cholesterol levels should be under 200 ,LDL should be under 100 ,the HDL which is the good cholesterol should be above 60 and yours is 51 ,that basically increases the risk of developing a cardiovascular event in the future like a heart attack or a stroke .

In some cases , when they only find your cholesterol levels mildly elevated and there is no increased risk at the moment of developing a cardiovascular complication,they usually give you 3 months without medication and they manage you with a low fat diet rich in fruits and vegetables,losing weight and exercise .

The problem in your case is that there are three factors :

1- Your age

2- Your cholesterol levels are high

3- Your LDL are high while your HDL is low ( which increases your risk of developing further complications specially cardiovascular ones )

So right now , it is recommendable to give you medication for a short period of time combined with diet and exercise ,when these levels return to normal levels . Your doctor could decrease your Lipitor dose gradually ,if that works for you and everything is normal , you could continue only with a good diet and your daily exercise plan.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.