Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I accidently swallowed a cherry pit. I am on warfarin/Coumadin

I accidently swallowed a cherry pit. I am on warfarin/Coumadin and Diltiazem and Metropolol for A-fib (lone, non-valve related) and high blood pressure. Is there any danger or are there any symptoms of a complication I should look out for? Thanks much for your help.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am going to address your primary concern but you can ask anything later. With just once incidence of accidental swallowing of cherry pit, there is no risk of any complication so you don't need to worry. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the encouraging reply. I can rest easier. If there WERE any complication, what might it (they) be?

Debra you are most welcome. Although as i said there is no risk of any complication but if you still want to know for your knowledge, you should be looking for complications like bruising on your body or bleeding from nose, bleeding from rectum or from any part of body. But i assure you that nothing such is going to happen because of that cherry pit. I wish you all the best, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Please ignore the re-send I just submitted. I appreciate your service and advice. Blessings, Deb

You are most welcome. Don't worry. Good bye.