Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Can i ask the gi dr for something stronger than tramadol?

Customer Question

Can i ask the gi dr for something stronger than tramadol? Do i still need to go to mayo? Talked to my pcp and hes going to test me for STDs tomorrow because of the WBCs in my urine
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 months ago.
As I said on the other page, OK to ask but no NSAID's whatsoever. I don't think the screen will come up with any STD's. And yes to the Mayo and I won't ever change my mind on that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I havent been using NSAIDs. So you should stop thinking i do. And what is the significance of wbcs in the urine, why the need to check for STDs. I just went through all this stuff at the end of march
I wasn't saying you did--just that I would hope he wouldn't give you any--stop being so sensitive with me. I really have no idea why he's screening you for STD's and that's why I said it'll be negative. WBC's in the urine just suggest a bladder infection
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can it be a bladder infection if the culture didnt show a specific organism
Yes and it may be that one single bacteria just didn't grow enough organisms to rate as an infection
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then in your opinion i dont need to go tomorrow
In my opinion, no
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why do you keep giving me answers
Not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Holy crap. Just woke up in extreme pain
Get back to me in about three hours
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is a cervical cyst
Usually benign and just like it sounds--a cyst
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They can just appear? I had a pelvic exam in april it wasnt there then. But its there today. And my dr wants to do an ultrasound and wants to send me back to my gynecologist to have him look at it. Is all this necessary
I'd just send you to the GYN and yes they can just appear
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ill let you know what i find out. I did a basic metabolic panel, ua, transvag ultrasound. What am i going to do about the pain in my stomach
Did you get anything for the pain?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I called the gi dr this am and left his nurse a message. I took the 2 of the 50 mg tramadol when the pain woke me up this am but it didnt help
I really don't have any suggestions--you'll just have to talk to the GI or your PCP about it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know i just told you i left a message with the gi drs nurse
So what's your point here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My urine still has WBCs in it, ultrasound was normal, dr is thinking PID. So
Now i have to wait for CRP and cbc
You already told me that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i didnt
Sorry but you did on another page. I told you I still didn't think it was an STD
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why do you suppose there is still wbcs in my urine. And my potassium is low
Depends on how many there are as to whether it means you have an infection. If you haven't had anything other than popsickles I'm not surprised your potassium is low
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
15-19.
Well that plus bacteria usually means bladder infection but still it doesn't have to be a UTI and we've basically covered this all we can for now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have an elevated crp My dr said he will wait to get the results of the urine culture
CRP just is an inflammation marker--not specific for anything
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I havent really worked on amything lately. What do i need to work on
You should know--what first comes to mind?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anger at other people and myself
And what work have you done on that so far?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Lately i havent really worked on it
I said so far
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dont be snide. I recognize that i have anger towards other people. And ive come to accept that that its ok and doesnt make me a bad person
Don't be snide yourself. We've talked about this before so I hope you're not going to tell me you haven't done anything about it because if that's the case there's nothing more to be said
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think you are kinda crabby at me today and im sorry if i did something that made you crabby. I have worked on fhe anger thing. Maybe i just dont know how to explain to you how ive worked on it
I'm not crabby but when you are you seem to think I am. If you can't explain it there really isn't anything I can say
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im not crabby. Why is it easier to be angry at myself than to be angry at other people?
Probably because you justify your anger towards yourself and with others you tell yourself you have no reason to be angry since they didn't do anything wrong
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to stop being angry at myself. Please help me with that
We really can't get too deep into that since I've talked with you before about it. A good bit of your anger is unjustified and you'll have to work with a therapist on changing the way you look at it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What subjects havent we talked about
I really can't think of any
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So then we really cant talk anymore can we
Well, we can't just chat. I've given you a lot of guidelines--as many as I can here--and it really is up to you to use them, work on them, and get through things. But you can't do without therapy too
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So you're saying we're through? And you've told me everything you could have. And now its up to me to get better?
No I didn't say that at all. Yes, to a certain extent it is up to you and from what you told me today it would seem you only do a little work and then stop
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont only just do a little work and then stop. I have stood up for myself to 3 different people in the past week. I wouldnt have done that if i wasnt working on things
That's good. But you aren't being specific with the anger thing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont really know what youre looking for here.
And I don't know exactly what you're looking for right now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to stop being angry at myself for letting things happen to me
But you're looking at it the wrong way with certain of those things--you didn't just let them happen to you and you're taking all the responsibility for that when it wasn't your responsibility
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it was just one person who abused me i think itd be easier to think it wasnt my fault. With each additional person who abused me it makes it harder and harder for me to believe it wasnt my fault. Do you get what im saying
Yes but this is where you have to work through this with a therapist. We've talked about this over and over and you can't do it just by talking to me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So what can we work on
Only things as they come up now. And for now, I have to be off so let's close the page
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can we leave this page open in case i need something?
OK but only for something new
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Slight question. Fever and diarrhea, do i call my dr
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He said just watch it
OK
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know you said i could only say something new but i am heart broken. My cousins not letting my little cousin come up here to visit because last time je was here i had an eating disorder
Not much I can say about that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wow, i dont even know why i bother talking to you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry
What I meant is there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But its not fair!
Well, unfortunately life isn't always fair. What specifically did she say about the eating disorder?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She said that last summer i proved i was not emotionally well and she will not have her kid around that.
What exactly happened last summer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing. Last summer i wasnt eating and ended up in the hospital and did a partial program. But it didnt affect him any. I still took him places and did stuff with him
Any chance your mom figure has anything to do with this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Idk. But i told my mom figure this and she said "obviously you are not better yet since you just spent four days nit eating/drinking"
Well, we'd just be chatting if we go on with this--sorry about that but unfortunately those things happen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Whatever you dont care because its not affecting you
Get off that--you know I care but there isn't anything more I can say to you about this particular situation
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My pcp is leaving. So i need to find a new one. Do you recommend a family physcian or an internal med dr?
Internal medicine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you look at the internal medicine drs and let me know which one you think i should see?

http://www.acmc.com/physicians.cfm
Give me a minute on that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Later
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was thinking Bos
http://www.acmc.com/physicians_sub.cfm?physID=873 My thoughts exactly--I was just about to give you this link
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Really? Why him?
Just from the training profile
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why internal med dr
More specific to specific complicated problems that have been evaluated by, say, your PCP
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So inteebal med drs are better
Well, better isn't the term I'd use but they are more trained in making difficult diagnoses
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright.
OK
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If someone had food posioning how long until
Symptoms start?
Usually takes at least four hours or longer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I ate some chicken that wasnt fully cooked and that had been sitting out most of the day
Probably won't be a problem. Listen--we can't just keep this page open with my answering multiple questions, so we need to close this one
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please
Please what?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not close this page?
OK--but only one more response from me if and when you have something to ask that we haven't covered before. I can't just let this page go on forever--totally against the rules
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Know we are going to have to close thos page but i got a fever
Yes we have to close and I don't have much to tell you about the fever--unless it's over 101 I wouldn't think it's very serious
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why wont u answer my new question