Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Can i ask the gi dr for something stronger than tramadol?

Customer Question

Can i ask the gi dr for something stronger than tramadol? Do i still need to go to mayo? Talked to my pcp and hes going to test me for STDs tomorrow because of the WBCs in my urine
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
As I said on the other page, OK to ask but no NSAID's whatsoever. I don't think the screen will come up with any STD's. And yes to the Mayo and I won't ever change my mind on that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent been using NSAIDs. So you should stop thinking i do. And what is the significance of wbcs in the urine, why the need to check for STDs. I just went through all this stuff at the end of march
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't saying you did--just that I would hope he wouldn't give you any--stop being so sensitive with me. I really have no idea why he's screening you for STD's and that's why I said it'll be negative. WBC's in the urine just suggest a bladder infection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be a bladder infection if the culture didnt show a specific organism
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it may be that one single bacteria just didn't grow enough organisms to rate as an infection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then in your opinion i dont need to go tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
In my opinion, no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you keep giving me answers
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Holy crap. Just woke up in extreme pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get back to me in about three hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a cervical cyst
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Usually benign and just like it sounds--a cyst
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They can just appear? I had a pelvic exam in april it wasnt there then. But its there today. And my dr wants to do an ultrasound and wants to send me back to my gynecologist to have him look at it. Is all this necessary
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'd just send you to the GYN and yes they can just appear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill let you know what i find out. I did a basic metabolic panel, ua, transvag ultrasound. What am i going to do about the pain in my stomach
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you get anything for the pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the gi dr this am and left his nurse a message. I took the 2 of the 50 mg tramadol when the pain woke me up this am but it didnt help
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really don't have any suggestions--you'll just have to talk to the GI or your PCP about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know i just told you i left a message with the gi drs nurse
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what's your point here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My urine still has WBCs in it, ultrasound was normal, dr is thinking PID. So
Now i have to wait for CRP and cbc
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You already told me that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i didnt
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but you did on another page. I told you I still didn't think it was an STD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you suppose there is still wbcs in my urine. And my potassium is low
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Depends on how many there are as to whether it means you have an infection. If you haven't had anything other than popsickles I'm not surprised your potassium is low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15-19.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well that plus bacteria usually means bladder infection but still it doesn't have to be a UTI and we've basically covered this all we can for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an elevated crp My dr said he will wait to get the results of the urine culture
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
CRP just is an inflammation marker--not specific for anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent really worked on amything lately. What do i need to work on
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You should know--what first comes to mind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anger at other people and myself
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what work have you done on that so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lately i havent really worked on it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I said so far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont be snide. I recognize that i have anger towards other people. And ive come to accept that that its ok and doesnt make me a bad person
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't be snide yourself. We've talked about this before so I hope you're not going to tell me you haven't done anything about it because if that's the case there's nothing more to be said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are kinda crabby at me today and im sorry if i did something that made you crabby. I have worked on fhe anger thing. Maybe i just dont know how to explain to you how ive worked on it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm not crabby but when you are you seem to think I am. If you can't explain it there really isn't anything I can say
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not crabby. Why is it easier to be angry at myself than to be angry at other people?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Probably because you justify your anger towards yourself and with others you tell yourself you have no reason to be angry since they didn't do anything wrong
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to stop being angry at myself. Please help me with that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We really can't get too deep into that since I've talked with you before about it. A good bit of your anger is unjustified and you'll have to work with a therapist on changing the way you look at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What subjects havent we talked about
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really can't think of any
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So then we really cant talk anymore can we
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, we can't just chat. I've given you a lot of guidelines--as many as I can here--and it really is up to you to use them, work on them, and get through things. But you can't do without therapy too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you're saying we're through? And you've told me everything you could have. And now its up to me to get better?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't say that at all. Yes, to a certain extent it is up to you and from what you told me today it would seem you only do a little work and then stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont only just do a little work and then stop. I have stood up for myself to 3 different people in the past week. I wouldnt have done that if i wasnt working on things
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's good. But you aren't being specific with the anger thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really know what youre looking for here.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And I don't know exactly what you're looking for right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to stop being angry at myself for letting things happen to me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But you're looking at it the wrong way with certain of those things--you didn't just let them happen to you and you're taking all the responsibility for that when it wasn't your responsibility
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was just one person who abused me i think itd be easier to think it wasnt my fault. With each additional person who abused me it makes it harder and harder for me to believe it wasnt my fault. Do you get what im saying
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes but this is where you have to work through this with a therapist. We've talked about this over and over and you can't do it just by talking to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what can we work on
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Only things as they come up now. And for now, I have to be off so let's close the page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we leave this page open in case i need something?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK but only for something new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Slight question. Fever and diarrhea, do i call my dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said just watch it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know you said i could only say something new but i am heart broken. My cousins not letting my little cousin come up here to visit because last time je was here i had an eating disorder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not much I can say about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, i dont even know why i bother talking to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What I meant is there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But its not fair!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, unfortunately life isn't always fair. What specifically did she say about the eating disorder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She said that last summer i proved i was not emotionally well and she will not have her kid around that.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What exactly happened last summer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. Last summer i wasnt eating and ended up in the hospital and did a partial program. But it didnt affect him any. I still took him places and did stuff with him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any chance your mom figure has anything to do with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk. But i told my mom figure this and she said "obviously you are not better yet since you just spent four days nit eating/drinking"
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, we'd just be chatting if we go on with this--sorry about that but unfortunately those things happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whatever you dont care because its not affecting you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get off that--you know I care but there isn't anything more I can say to you about this particular situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pcp is leaving. So i need to find a new one. Do you recommend a family physcian or an internal med dr?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Internal medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you look at the internal medicine drs and let me know which one you think i should see?

http://www.acmc.com/physicians.cfm
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Give me a minute on that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking Bos
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
http://www.acmc.com/physicians_sub.cfm?physID=873 My thoughts exactly--I was just about to give you this link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really? Why him?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just from the training profile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why internal med dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
More specific to specific complicated problems that have been evaluated by, say, your PCP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So inteebal med drs are better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, better isn't the term I'd use but they are more trained in making difficult diagnoses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If someone had food posioning how long until
Symptoms start?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Usually takes at least four hours or longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ate some chicken that wasnt fully cooked and that had been sitting out most of the day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Probably won't be a problem. Listen--we can't just keep this page open with my answering multiple questions, so we need to close this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Please what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not close this page?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--but only one more response from me if and when you have something to ask that we haven't covered before. I can't just let this page go on forever--totally against the rules
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Know we are going to have to close thos page but i got a fever
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes we have to close and I don't have much to tell you about the fever--unless it's over 101 I wouldn't think it's very serious
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why wont u answer my new question