Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Dr Brim Did you get my latest question?

Dr Brim
Did you get my latest question?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. Brim is offline, may I help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you read my other questions to dr brim

Yes, but which question are you referring to?
I would be glad if you would repeat it again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Long story. I had worked at my cabin I was around some rodent droppings. 4 days later had lEpisode loose bowels. Went to my dr said not to worry. Went to urgent care said there was something going around. So I took Imodium next day was traveling FL. Okay But have had to continue pepto been eating very little. Okay if I take pepto but first bowel movement of day yesterday today okay but then have an episode of loose bowels feel okay no temp. Am. Suppose to leave in couple hrs to fly to VA for my granddaughters bday. How long can u stay on the pesto brown tongue. Right now I feelokaybut not eating that much and have lost few pds.
I think you are dehydrated from the loose bowels. You need to drink 3 to 4 liters of water daily. Along with that, take gatorade to replenish the lost electrolytes.

Stop taking the pepto and take imodium only.

Take only a bland diet like toast, soft brown rice, apple sauce etc.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thank you should I take 2 immodium now? I hope I am not contagious but been at my moms 5days and she is ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long intake the Imodium
Hello Marcia.

You take imodium once in a day and if the loose stool stops, you should not take it again. But if the loose stool continues, you should take it for one or two days more.

If you get loose stools for more than 4 to5 days, you will need a stool culture for bacterial infection with an antibiotic course.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay this has been going on for a wk. should I take 2 Imodium now see what happens in themorning. Do I have to be worried about my grandchildren. 2 month old baby.
Yes, you can take 2 immodium now.

Get a stool culture, if possible.

Yes, use clean and separate towels for yourself.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So should I not go to va
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Shou,ld I still go to see them? I could go to Dr up there.
Yes, you can go to see them and also see a doctor in VA.