A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Hello - I have diabetes for 2 years - and have had an itchy

Hello - I have diabetes for 2 years - and have had an itchy lower leg problem - do you have a solution for the itch ?

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

How long have you had the itch?

Have you seen your primary provider or dermatologist to determine the cause of the itch?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 2 years - i have seen the doctor and gave me an ointment - do you know of anything else?

Did he give you a diagnosis? a reason for the itching?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes from the diabetes

Diabetic neuropathy after only two years of having a diagnosis of diabetes is unusual. It usually takes years of uncontrolled blood glucose to cause that level of nerve damage. If it is from diabetic neuropathy, then there are prescription oral medications like gabapentin that can help with the constant discomfort. Ointments with anesthetics and/or short-term corticosteroid ointments can also help.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Kind regards,