Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I had a boil lanced on sun. april 28th and then returned to

I had a boil lanced on sun. april 28th and then returned to the hospital on the 30th to have it unpacked. I follwed up with my doctor on mon. may 6th and he said it looked like it was healing nicely. Since then the area around the lanced boil has become red with a burning sensation. It doesn't hurt when pressure is applied. Could this be a reaction from prolonged exposure to bandages/medical tape? Also, the area around the lanced boil is still firm and it is still draining a yellow pus. Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

Which antibiotic are you taking now?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter your reply.

Dr. Saha :

When did the boil start first?

Dr. Saha :

Is the draining of pus decreasing?

Customer: I honestly don't know. I'm at work and don't have access to them. One was a red capsule that dyed my urine red. I finished that one early last week. The other is a white pill with a groove in the center. I finished the first batxh completely but my primary doctor gave me a refill and i am still taking those.
Dr. Saha :

Is the draining of pus decreasing?

Customer: I can't tell. Sometimes the bandage has a small amount and sometimes a large area of the bandage is stained yellow. Also, the area around the hole is still firm to the touch and is dark as though it were bruised.
Dr. Saha :

There can be firmness around the site during healing due to growth of fibrous tissue, inflammation.

Dr. Saha :

If you do not feel increasing pain then it is likely to be healing.

Dr. Saha :

There can be redness from adhesive tapes.

Dr. Saha :

Sometimes there can be skin irritation from them.

Dr. Saha :

This can cause burning sensation too.

Customer: I can't tell. Sometimes the bandage has a small amount and sometimes the whole bandage is stained yellow. also the area aroind the hole is still firm to the touch and dark as though bruised.
Dr. Saha :

If you feel that the drainage is continuing without any sign of decrease or the pain is increasing then you need to inform your doctor to have a look again.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer: Hello?
Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Customer: Can you hear me?
Dr. Saha :

I am here. I do not see any query from you. Please send it again.

Customer: Is any of my reposnses getting thru
Dr. Saha :

Yes, some came through. did you get my answers to them?

Dr. Saha :

If not, please write which one was left unanswered.

Dr. Saha :
I noticed you put a bad service rating.
Dr. Saha :
Do you need any more clarification?
Dr. Saha :

I want you to be satisfied.

Dr. Saha :

You may be having difficulty in entering chat.

Dr. Saha :

I am changing to question & answer format.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Dear Rick,

You have marked my answer as bad service.

If you have any query which was not answered, please let me know.

I shall explain it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to view any of your responses. also, none of my messages appeard on the screen so i didn't know if i was getting thru.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
It is OK.

I am sending the answer again.

Please wait a few minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for waiting.

The following was the answer in short.

Sometimes there can be skin irritation from them, contact dermatitis.

This can cause burning sensation too.

I hope this information helps.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience