Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I worked at our cabin in ca was around rodent droppings. Four

I worked at our cabin in ca was around rodent droppings. Four days later I had loose bowels not direr ah took peptones bismol Next day went to my gp asked him about it said not to worry. I also went to urgent care for 2nd opinion nurse practioner said there was intentional virus going around said to go on brant diet continue pb. No other symptoms fever congestion. Talked to gp again because I was Leaving to visit mom for Mother's Day in fl had to travel fly. He prescribed flagyl and cipro late night before I left was afraid to take it while traveling. Haven't taken it since I got here because it seemed better been eating light. Last night had chicken breast mashed potatoes. This am coffee with creamer and had 2. Episodes loose bowels but not direah (watery) took 1 chewable pepto bismol tab. Have been okay. No fever feel okay. I also take lisinopril for bp and it is bp is okay. Oxisols 98.i had little sinus drainage in throat that seems clear. Don't really know what to do? It started on tues And now it is sat.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

May I ask if you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

JACUSTOMER-kk6svqf0- : Just high bp but only take 5 mg lisinopril night
Customer: Only take 5mg lisinopril for bp
Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer: Yes did you get info about bp on 5mg lisinopril
Dr Brims :

yes, thank you

Dr Brims :

Are you trying to figure out if you should take the antibiotics that were prescribed?

Customer: yes don't wait to take them cipro 500mg for 10 days and flagyl 500 3 times day 10 days if not necessary I will be flying on tues again
Dr Brims :

Okay, if you don't have diarrhea and abdominal pain then I don't think you need to take the antibiotics

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer: Yes no real abdominal pain loose bowels 2 times today but not watery
Dr Brims :

okay, then I don't think you need to take the antibiotics

Customer: Okay and you don't think I need to worry about being around rodent dropping and any virus
Dr Brims :

No, I don't think you need to be worried about either of those, if they were going to cause problems, it would be evident by now

Customer: Okay thank you for your assistance
Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims" and I will reply

Dr Brims :

If you still have questions on this topic please feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, would you mind clicking a rating button?

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Are you on any other medication?

Were you able to see my last replies in the chat session?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was okay sat night. Sunday went to dinner had chicken baked potato grn beans but last night started drinking green tea. Earlier bowels were okay but after having bagel hard bodied eggs and 2 cups grn tea had some normal bowels but then yellow liquid. Took pepto bismol feel bar. It has been off and on since last tues. been at my mom since thurs she is fine. I feel fine otherwise. Am suppose to fly to Va tomorrow to see my granddaughters for 5 days and then home. Don't really want to take antibiotics if not necessary and don't want it to get worse with traveling side effects of antibiotics. Thanks for your help
I still don't think you need to take antibiotics at this time
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay to take pepto bismol. 1 or 2 tabs. One of my granddaughters is 2 months old think it okay to be around them.
It is okay to take pepto bismol,and it is okay to be around your grandchildren
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
You're welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After the episode talked to you about yesterday and taking peptones I was okay ate chicken breast rice pilaf and few green beans last night. Took total of 4 chewable pepto tabs yesterday. Lots of water. This am had one bowel movement okay. Had more water and 5 saltine crackers and just had loose vowels again. I am suppose to lvfor airport in couple hrs. You said it was okay to continue on pepto have brown tongue. I have lost about 5 pds. Don't know what to do. Seems okay rest of day if I take coupe of pepto until the morning.
It should be fine to take pepto bismol until tomorrow
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Been around my mom for 5 days she is okay
That is good to hear
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I couldn't reach you this another dr suggested I take Imodium instead. I just worry about my grand children.
I'm sorry, I am not sure what you are asking in your last reply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On way to airport when I couldn't reach u one of the other doctored suggested I take Imodium instead. Can u see his comments. I just worry about my 2 month old granddaughter. Still don't think I need either antibotic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took 2 Imodium today after my bowels this morning and traveling. You still think. I don't need antibiotics.
No, I do not think you need antibiotics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay thank u
You're welcome