Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience:  M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My son has a flat mole I just noticed in his scalp. Is that

Customer Question

My son has a flat mole I just noticed in his scalp. Is that good or bad that its flat? Is that a cancerous type mole
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

What is his age?

Associated itching,redness around the mole?

Is it irregular in shape?

What is it's size?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is four no itching seems to be shape if kinda like a square 1/4 inch maybe. It's the same shape on each side if you were to half it. All same color too light colored

Thanks for providing more information.

Firstly i want to assure that if it is flat,regular in shape then this mole can be benign.

However if there is changes in the shape (Asymmetry), changes in the borders of the mole (irregular borders),changes in color, if the mole gets larger than it once was (anything greater than 6 mm is considered suspicious), and elevation-if the mole is elevated or raised from the skin it should be considered suspicious and melanoma should be ruled out.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you:)

You are most welcome.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience: M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I send u a pic. So if it completely flesh with the skin it is not cancerous right

Please do send a picture! You may use the "paper clip" icon on the text entry form toolbar to upload a digital picture. Alternatively, you may send your picture to a photo hosting site, such as Flickr or Photobucket, and provide a link to the picture in a reply to this information request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't down load it either way. Is there an email

Sorry dear,if you are not able to send a picture then it's OK.

As per your description about mole,in my opinion,it is benign(non cancerous) and you shouldn't worry at all.

You just look at it every month to see if there is an change in shape,color,border,size.

Otherwise it's just a mole.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

photo.PNG

I can't get it to go thru. Is there any way to get this to you to make me feel betterHow can I save a photo in my phone to computer to get it to you

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Unfortunately this picture did not open.

You can use

paper icon in your reply forum.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Sorry dear,

This link is not working.