Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Ive had a burning sensation on the shaft of my penis for over

Customer Question

I've had a burning sensation on the shaft of my penis for over 3 months now. First noticed the morning after unprotected sex with a girl (vaginal). I've had one standard std panel done so far and am now waiting on the results of the second. I went to see another doctor about herpes testing about a month ago. She didn't seem to believe it was herpes due to the time that it had shown up and that it hadn't gone away 2 months later, she said she thought it might be a case of jock itch. After leaving her office went and bought an otc topical jock itch cream and used it as directed on the package. After 2 weeks of treatment still no relief. Burning sensation does seem to intensify a little after masturbation. Not sure what to do if 2nd test comes back neg please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical condition or take any medication?

Customer:

no conditions or medications

Dr Brims :

Is there any redness or swelling?

Customer:

not that I have noticed

Dr Brims :

No rash?

Customer:

the dr who said that it maybe jock itch said she saw mild redness on the underside of the penis

Customer:

but it looked normal to me

Dr Brims :

Okay, if the next screen comes back normal then you should see a dermatologist to examine your skin and possible use a microscope

Customer:

is there anything specifically they should look for?

Dr Brims :

Yes, they will be looking for signs of skin irritation and a possible fungal infection

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Please respond if you can see my replies

Customer:

yes im here was looking at something that didnt occur to me when you asked about conditions

Customer:

just 1 min

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

I have what I believe is called fordyce spots onthe skin of the shaft and scrotum they've been there ever since I can remember and have been told not to worry about them before

Dr Brims :

Okay, and what questions can I answer about this?

Customer:

just wondering if you thought that may be of some concern with the current problem

Dr Brims :

No,I don't think it is related to this

Dr Brims :

I don't think it is anything to worry about

Customer:

okay well thank you for your time and opinion

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

If you still have questions on this topic please feel free to ask

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome