A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

What is the best way to find a great pediatric epileptologist

What is the best way to find a great pediatric epileptologist or neurologist for toddler that has epilepsy. We are in So Cal and have gone through a couple of sub-par Drs at this point. It is a very frustrating process. Thanks

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you.

There are several excellent medical schools in Southern California, and I would seek a pediatric neurologist associated with one of them. Medical schools have the newest and greatest treatment options since they are training the next generation of practitioners.

Have you tried that yet?

The Pediatric Neurology program at Children's Hospital in Los Angeles in highly ranked nationally as is the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Both are in the Top 20 in the country.

Of course, your insurance company will also be able to advise you of specialists who will take your insurance.

Another suggestionis to ask any nurse you know. While s/he won't necessarily work in pediatric neurology, I don't know of a nurse who doesn't know the best specialists in their area.

Don't give up though. While not every specialist is a perfect fit for every family, I'm sure you will find one to treat the little one.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,