Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

hello , yesterday I was out shopping and had center chest pain

hello , yesterday I was out shopping and had center chest pain , it went away after I sat down, got home and called my Dr. he said it was probably a gas bubble, but this morning I got up and it hurts to take a deep breath or move around to much, I have COPD and Costrochondritis, should I call my Dr. or go to the ER
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Customer:

hello

Dr. Saha :

How is cough?

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel shortness of breath?

Customer:

not productive and sounds deep

Customer:

a little short of breath

Dr. Saha :

Does the pain occur only on taking breath?

Customer:

no sometimes it is when I am moving around also

Dr. Saha :

Pain on taking breath can come from costochondritis, inflammation of lungs, pleura.

Dr. Saha :

Pain on movement can come from costochondritis.

Dr. Saha :

It can come from heart issues like angina too.

Dr. Saha :

You need to inform doctor about your symptom now. If you do not get any response, I would suggest to go to ER.

Customer:

I had an EKG and extensive blood work and my Dr felt like it was my copd I felt like he was not listing to me he told me to rest

Dr. Saha :

When did you have the EKG?

Customer:

about a week and a half ago at the ER

Dr. Saha :

Did you have chest pain during taking the EKG?

Customer:

no, it was due to high axiety,

Customer:

I was having a real bad stress headache

Dr. Saha :

When you are having pain in central part of chest, I would suggest to have a repeat EKG.

Customer:

that was what I thought but my DR said because it only lasted about 2 minutes it was probably due to gas

Dr. Saha :

Angina can last a few minutes too.

Customer:

over the past year I have had several EKGs and blood work all have been normal so this is why he said this

Dr. Saha :

It can be gas but it is better to rule out any heart issue.

Customer:

can an EKG pick up Angina

Dr. Saha :

If it is taken during the pain, then EKG can show changes. Otherwise, you need to take stress tests.

Customer:

okay thank you

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience