Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

is it normal to be able to feel your lymph nodes just under

is it normal to be able to feel your lymph nodes just under your jaw. I can only feel them if I tilt my head to the left or right it is about the size of a pea or small pea they feel spongy aand move out of the way when i touch them
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

When did you notice it?

Customer:

I have notice a few times off and on over the course of a year

Dr. Saha :

Is it increasing in size?

Customer:

doesnt seem to be

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel pain?

Customer:

not really unless i press on them, then they are a little tender

Dr. Saha :

It is possible to feel lymph node under the jaw.

Dr. Saha :

It is usually enlarged in infections of the tooth, or oral cavity.

Dr. Saha :

Once enlarged, it can take time to subside.

Dr. Saha :

It may take months too.

Dr. Saha :

As it is not enlarging & there is no pain, you can observe it.

Dr. Saha :

If it enlarges or if a new one appears, you need to take an examination by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know
Customer:

ok I can feel them on both sides but just the ones right under the jawbone. If i had lymphoma would I have other symptoms?

Dr. Saha :

The lymph nodes would enlarge, new nodes would appear in this or other areas. You can have weakness or fatigue, fever, weight loss etc.

Dr. Saha :

There can be night sweats

Dr. Saha :

There can be symptoms in abdomen like pain, appearance of lumps.

Customer:

ok thanks, I have had some ibs type symptoms over the course of the year but had a clean mri back in september

Dr. Saha :

MRI could detect enlarged nodes in abdomen. It is reassuring that there is none.

Customer:

t

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience