Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Dancing Fool here. Had a bad asthma spell thru April. Finally

Dancing Fool here. Had a bad asthma spell thru April. Finally saw doc at end of April. Got antibiotics and a 12-day prednisone taper. Lost my job during the taper. Finished taper a few days ago. Now I feel like total crud physically & mentally. Just barely surviving. Hurt from head to toe in muscles, joints, skin, throat. Intestines all messed up. And mentally just totally defeated and bereft of will. Is this to be expected after prednisone? My lungs cleared up but the rest of me hurts.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Told you people get canned from their jobs due to prednisone!!! (LOL) Where along the taper did all this start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Day 1 of taper was a crushing headache. I expecte that. Day 4 of taper was when I lost my job. That was a big emotiinal blow. After a few days I started to let go of tge situation, mive on, and find new work. The pain started a few days ago. Todaycs thursday. Finished taper monday. I think pain started tuesday. Not sure.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Have you ever had prednisone or any type of cortisone before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I have a total live-hate relationship w prednisone. Great for lungs. Horrid for mental health. But is it also horrid for physical health when done taking it? Is the ache from head to toe just part of the prednisone? Or am i sick or something? Last time i took it was october/november. My body felt like a nuclear meltdown then too.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
How long has it been since you finished the taper?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Three dqys
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. While prednisone can wreak havoc with emotions and intestines and maybe with muscle aches, I don't think this can all be laid at the feet of the medication alone. Part of this could be flu but I think you should get checked out. If the mental thing is from the prednisone, that will get better in time. Wish I could give you a more specific answer, but all I can say is I haven't seen so much go wrong just because a patient got prednisone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks. If tmw is just as awful i will call doc. Sleep well.