Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Need help, Im having severe pain in my abdomen mainly in the

Need help, I'm having severe pain in my abdomen mainly in the naval and right side. I fell while running the other day on my right side fairly hard. I feel nauseated and have a fever.
I am menstruating but have never experienced cramps such as this before. It hurts when I walk, eat or breath deeply and when sitting or laying for more than a few minutes. What could be causing this.
Hi--obviously the first thing that comes to mind here is acute appendicitis. With the fall you could have ruptured an ovarian cyst. Either way, you shouldn't wait any longer to get this evaluated with an exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen. Since the cyst could be bleeding it could be just as much of an emergency situation as appendicitis, so please get to a doctor or to the ER now.