Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

is it normal to be able to feel your lymph nodes under your

is it normal to be able to feel your lymph nodes under your jaw line. If i turn my head left I can feel the left side if I turn my head right i can feel the right side. I can also feel them sometimes when i was my face
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you recently had a history of infection or fever?
Have you recently taken the antibiotics?
Since how long you have these lymph nodes?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no history but i have a wisdom tooth that has came through that sometimes get sore. No antibotics. I have noticed the left side node time to time when shaving washing my face etc.

Dear Bill,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Normally lymph nodes under the jaw line are not palpable.One can feel them only when they are infected or enlarged.

Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.A biopsy and culture of the affected area or node may reveal the cause of the inflammation.Most probable cause can be your infection of wisdom tooth.

If these lymph nodes does not get subside within few weeks,then you need the following tests:

-Complete blood count(CBC)
-Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC)
-Antinuclear antibody tests
-Autoantibody tests

Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) may be done.In this technique, a thin, hollow needle is inserted into the mass/lump to extract cells that will be examined under a microscope. based on this the exact diagnosis can be made.

So I advice you to wait & watch your symptoms for now.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles