Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Last week (Apr 30) I noticed a bead like thing on the shaft

Last week (Apr 30) I noticed a bead like thing on the shaft of my penis under the skin. Couple years ago I thought I had molascum but the doctor said I didn't but if such thing happens popping out the white head is good. So I popped it open and scarred the skin leaving a tiny cut. Couple days later it was filled in with white (blood cells)? I thought I had not cleared out the head so I keep squeezing at it.

It got bigger since I was picking at it. Then it started looking like a syphilis sore. Red edges and the center was filled with the white blood cells. Mostly dry but sometimes in the day when I look at it, it's moist. No itch, no pain.

My last sexual encounter was April 11 which includes protected vaginal penetration and unprotected oral.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Is it painful to touch?
Does it appear like blister?
Do you have swollen lymph nodes in groin?
Burning urination or Blood in urine?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey,

It is not painful to touch but pinching it does hurt.

It does not appear to look like a blister.

I just checked and can't feel any swollen lymph nodes in the groin area.

No burning sensation or blood in urine.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, i can understand the pain and stress associated with such incidents. Images on internet may often confuse one and divert from making a correct self diagnose.

From the description it sounds to be Folliculitis.
It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.
You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain. You can try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.
You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment. You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
Syphilis, is associated with small, firm, painless sore, but some times one may have multiple sores.
Genital herpes causes red blisters which grows around the genital area and anus parts. In coming days, this blister can burst can give a kind of smell.
Most likely you don’t have STD.
However I would wait for test results. Please follow the measures, as advised above and discuss this issue with your doctor.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dr. Josh. Is there something that rules out syphilis? It is small, painless and if I pinch and try to pick it up it does feel like there's content inside like a pimple - not sure if that's what firm means. Only thing from what I can find is that there are no raise edges in fact the "sore" is flush with the skin around it.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Jay, I can understand your concern and worry for such issue.

Early stages of syphilis is associated with large round bug bites and are often hard and painless. The sore usually lasts two to six weeks before disappearing. If diagnosed early, syphilis can be easily treated with antibiotics, usually penicillin injections.

I understand that you are fearing for such issue, but from the symptoms, it doesn't sounds to be STD. Only through clinical examination and tests syphilis can be ruled out. It may not be possible to reach a diagnose, online. I know you can understand this issue.

Though chances of getting any serious STD are slim.

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years