Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have been getting dizzy often the past few days. I went to

I have been getting dizzy often the past few days. I went to bed last night very dizzy (like a swimming feeling) and woke up this morning still dizzy. I haven't checked my blood pressure as I am at home. The only thing going on with my ears is on the outer left ear. I just got new piercing on my Helix and Daith and last weekend they both had pus bumps next to the piercings. On Sunday I drained them and cleaned them with alcohol within two days the pus was completely gone. Why am I so dizzy?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have dizziness with change in head positions?
Have you tried any medications?
Do you have any discharge through ear?
Any itching or swelling on outside portion of ear?
Any other health or medical problems

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dizzy/swimming feeling when I stand up.
I'm not on any medications.
No discharge through my ear.
Only very little swelling around my brand new Helix piercing which is normal.
The only medical condition I have been diagnosed with is IBS.
Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was on another question. I apologize for your wait.

Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness & vertigo.It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.

When fluid volume or pressure in inner ear changes, information about balance is altered.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in vertigo and dizziness.

I advice you to have a physical examination by ENT doctor who will prescribe medications and/or antibiotics & will tell some exercises that will help in treating it.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne is- You are most likely suffering with inner ear infection, and this has caused dizziness.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug.
Please get it clinically evaluated from your doctor.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But I have absolutely no signs of an ear infection at all.
Laura, I can understand your concern.

As you have a history of pus bumps around piercings, though it was good that you had already cleaned it with alcohol.
Still it is possible that infection has already reached your inner ear.
Ear infection is one of the most common cause for dizziness.
You need to get a thorough ear examination from doctor, and accordingly appropriate medication has to be prescribed.