Dr. Nitika
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM

My son went to the doctor Monday morning for feeling dizzy

Customer Question

My son went to the doctor Monday morning for feeling dizzy and light headed. Come to find out he had some fluid behind his ears with a fever of 100. He went back to school yesterday and was dong much better but he got up to go to thr restroom and both his legs had a quick wobble and he lost his balance and fell. After he got up his left leg felt a little and he almost fell again. After that he was fine no problems. When this happened he had walker about 100 feet from his chair. What is this? He was not dizzy or anything when it happened
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

What is his age?

Is he taking any medicines?

Any episode of unconsciousness?

Clogged ears?

What about his fever now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fever 10 years old did not lose consciousness , Zack and predosline steroid. He is telling me like his like legs kinda gave out when he fell and when he got back up he bent his knees and his left leg didn't feel right and that is when he kinda almost fell again. Then he got up and was fine
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for providing more information.

I understand your worry about the episiode of falling down and vertigo.

As he has been diagnosed with fluid behind the ears so it can be a possible cause of his symptoms.

The Inner Ear is also responsible for maintaining balance, and that can explain an onset of his symptoms when he stands up from a sitting position causing imbalance and lack of equilibrium.

And as he has started Z pack and prednisone on Monday so it take 24-48 hours to start work.

So now he feels better on Wednesday.

Most likely he'll be fine after completing his medications.

He should also take proper rest and avoid strenuous physical activities which can cause overexertion.

As his legs feel weak,so i suggest you to give him plenty of fluids and Oral rehydration solution.

Check his body temperature for next 3 days to watch for low grade fever.

If he develops another episode of vertigo then consult his ENT specialist again.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you are telling me he is okay and I shouldn't freak out? I was worried he had a stroke or something
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Well if he has no associated loss unconsciousness and altered speech,numbness in one side of body,headache,vomiting,abnormal eye movements then chances of stroke in his case are less.In case he has any such symptoms now then visit ER.

If he is active,playing,cheerful,eating well and speaking well then most likely his symptoms are related to ear infection.

You should watch him for any unusual symptoms in next few days and in case he'll not be fine after taking antibiotics and prednisone then consult his doctor again.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience: General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM