Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Question about UTI antibiotic

Question about UTI antibiotic

Doctor Chip and Doctor Y are currently offline to whom you were talking.

So i want to help you.

Well as per your previous replies,both experts have different opinions and i think she needs to be seen by nearby doctor in person for a clinical examination to rule out underlying possible cause-?Kidney infection??Disk problem.

Having said this,if it's not possible to see a doctor in such a short time then it is advised to her to continue Ibuprofen 400 mg to ease pain.

And keep ciprofloxacin in her bag and avoid it to take if she has no symptoms at the moment as it should be taken under a medical supervision to prevent any adverse effects.

Also she needs to keep some muscle relaxant ointment and a heating pad in her bag if she feels pain in back then she can do gentle massage with muscle relaxant and apply warm compresses on affected area.

She needs to keep herself hydrated with plenty of fluids and use only packed bottles during trip.

Even avoid lifting,strenuous physical activities which can aggravate her pain.

In case she develops pain,frequent urination,fever,burning sensation during urination then start ciprofloxacin.

However at last in my opinion,it's good to see nearby doctor before going to trip.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Kumar,

Thanks so much for your reply - that's kind of what I was thinking myself but didn't want to tell her the wrong thing! I really appreciate your researching the situation and your well thought out reply.

Thanks again! Joanna

You are most welcome.

It's advised to tell your daughter to take proper precautions during her trip.

Keep medications in her bag all the time.

Have a good journey to her.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds great - thanks so much again!!

Most welcome.

Good luck.

Thanks.