A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I am a 33 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with celiac

I am a 33 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease via endo and blood work. I had a blood test done and my akaline phosphates level was high at 147. the doctor at the lab circled it but did not mention it as a matter to be followed up upon. Should i do any further testing? i had not been fasting and was on no medication at the time. I have symptoms of fatigue and weakness along with phantom pains here and there. i have been gluten free for a month now.

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

Generally we pay little to no attention to liver enzymes until they are at least 2.5 to 3 times the upper limit of normal. The most common cause is having a fatty meal the day the blood is drawn. You can tell more from fasting levels. There is no reason to retest until 2-3 months from now.

Best regards,

Schuyler