Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hi. My sig other is going to the neurologist tomorrow for his

Hi. My sig other is going to the neurologist tomorrow for his carpal tunnel syndrome. he is age 60 and having "memory issues. Is it appropriate for me to call and ask the neurologist if he can do a mini mental status exam?Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Are you going to accompany him to see the doctor?
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!!

I think that it may be helpful to your significant other and his doctor for this issue of possible memory issues to be addressed. Have you discussed this with your significant other?? I think that he may have noticed as well if he is having trouble... I have had family/friends approach me with this similar issue.... It can be difficult to bring this problem up directly with loved ones.... You can bring this up as a possible concern to his doctor... This is perfectly fine and legitimate ... It is always appreciated if you may be able to be open and direct with this issue... I realize that this can be a difficult and embarrassing issue for you and for him...

Feel welcome to address further questions to me or Dr. Brim...

We hope to be of the best possible help to you! Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I won't be going with him. When I have asked him before he blows it off. I think I will just call and ask the neuro doc to check.

Hello again,

I think that is reasonable. I think that his doctor would appreciate the "heads up" that this is a possible problem. Your significant other may need the benefit of diagnosis and treatment of his memory problem. If ( and I hope this is not the case) he had a problem say with Alzheimer's disease then this may benefit from treatment. I understand that this is a difficult potential issue. I understand that he may be in denial of such a problem. I think that it would be helpful for him to have his doctor be alerted that this is a potential problem. If the problem does exist then further evaluation and treatment would be needed.

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you! Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice