Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

Ok: This has been going on for at least 6 months. I have

Customer Question

Ok: This has been going on for at least 6 months. I have "spells" or unpleasant sensations that start in my neck---"waves" of discomfort that can become pretty intense. If walking, for example, I must slow down to a stop. These sensations spread into my jaw and radiate down my left arm. These episodes can last up to a minute and always seem to happen in the morning---sometimes before I even get out of bed.
Went to my doctor. He immediately thought "heart" and rushed me to a cardiology practice where I had some kind of a four hour stress test with long imaging sessions in some fancy machine. The verdict: my heart is fine.
These "spasms" - "waves" continued---and frightened me a lot----like maybe I'm having a stroke or something---so I went back to my doctor, who was just glad that my heart is all right (I HOPE it's truly all right!)....Doctor decided it must be my neck and sent me for physical therapy. I have cooperated totally with my therapist, done my home work and everything asked of me---but after four months, I can't say there is any improvement---much as I would like to.
BotXXXXX XXXXXne: whatever is going on scares me to death and I'm truly afraid that I will drop dead one of these days. I am 72 years old; a busy real estate agent; non smoker; one cocktail every night; nutrition conscious; brisk walk for 30minutes every morning; blood pressure controlled with 10 mg lisinopril.
What in the world is wrong with me?? Lizzie
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

How frequently do you feel it?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter reply.

Customer :

Every day---two or three times--in the morning..

Dr. Saha :

Did you have any other test?

Customer :

No

Dr. Saha :

The symptoms are similar to those of heart disease like angina.

Dr. Saha :

So your doctor sent you to cardiologist.

Dr. Saha :

It is good that stress test has come out normal.

Dr. Saha :

It can be related to neck issues.

Dr. Saha :

Nerve impingement, neuropathy can be possible.

Customer :

Yes - they said my heart is fine

Dr. Saha :

It can occur in the spine.

Dr. Saha :

As physiotherapy is not helping, you can consult a neurologist.

Dr. Saha :

MRI scan of neck can be taken.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer :

So I guess I should return to my family practice doctor and tell him I'm not any better---

Dr. Saha :

Yes.

Dr. Saha :

You should inform him.

Dr. Saha :

He can give a referral to a neurologist.

Customer :

Well--I hate to be a pest, but I'll do that. Thank you!

Dr. Saha :

But you need to get your symptom relieved.

Dr. Saha :

Your doctor will help you in this.

Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Dr. Saha :

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lizzie,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Wish your healthy life.

In case you need further help, let me know,

Dr Saha