Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972
Health

My knees get cold often, but usually this happen at night,

I cover myself with a... Show More
I cover myself with a warm blanket, but my knees won't get warm and this feeling does not let sleep.

Welcome and thanks for your question , I am Dr. German and I look forward to helping you until you are satisfied.when the knees get cold ,multiple factors could be involved including :

- Peripheral Neuropathy ( in this condition, the peripheral nerve roots become swollen ,inflamed or irritated).

- Diabetes

- Vitamin B12 or Nutritional deficiencies

- Inadequate leg blood flow circulation or poor leg circulation

-Metabolic problems ( specially kidney or liver disease)

- Low thyroid blood levels

-Restless leg syndrome ( in this condition, there is an internal brain dopamine imbalance )

-Medication side effects ( if you're taking any medication,it is important to determine if that medication is producing these symptoms )

What you should do is consult a doctor to evaluate : your leg blood flow , perform a nerve conduction test , to measure your glucose and cholesterol blood levels , a doppler ultrasound to visualize the leg blood vessels ( with these tests , your doctor will be able to see if there is any obstruction or blockage ) and some metabolic tests ( including your glucose blood levels, thyroid hormones and vitamin B12 levels ) .

With these tests , Your doctor will be able to determine what specific condition is producing your symptoms so You can receive an appropriate treatment .

In the meantime, if you smoke stop smoking to improve your leg blood flow , exercise at least 3 times per week and have a healthy diet rich in fruits, whole grains and vegetables.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.