Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

Showing no symptoms of trick & without lab work doc prescribed

Showing no symptoms of trick & without lab work doc prescribed Metronidazole because I may have epididymitis. (or I am freaking out and anxiety is causing me to believe I have epididymitis symptons.) is three days enough time passed to have unprotected sex.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer.
Thank you for the question. Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and I will do my best to find an answer for you.
You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

What symptoms do you have?

Please clarify your second part of question---do you mean to ask if you can have unprotected intercourse after 3 days of antibiotic course?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have low grade sensitivity to what I believe are the epididymis. No swelling of the scrotum. No pain during or after: urination, or ejaculation.

No discharges.

I had intercourse with a condom and have regretted the event with a tremendous amount of anxiety. Partner said she has no issues. Tests for other STDs were negative.

I had a vasectomy years ago.

Okay.

So there are no symptoms at all.

Just an episode of protected intercourse, right?

Why did the doctor prescribe you metronidazole? Just because he suspect trichomonas infection?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are correct on all accounts.

Also, knowing how I have dealt with what I call life threatening anxiety issues I have had similar "symptoms if that makes any sense.

Thank you very much for the useful information.

I dont see any reasons for the antibiotic to be started.

This is just an anxiety issue. You need to focus on the anxiety treatment, and the good thing about this is that you yourself realize that this is all Anxiety.

And if just for a moment let us presume that you have an infection (epididymitis), even then there is no need to worry as this is a completely curable problem and not life threatening at all.

Given the fact that you do not have any symptoms, that you have protected intercourse, and with negative tests, I do not see any reason to panic at this point, and also there is no need for any antibiotic to be taken at all.

Stay relaxed and if the anxiety issues are severe, you should focus on that and get your anxiety treatment reviewed.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doc, I was not tested for trick for some unknown reason and I think the doc was trying to ensure that we covered that and/or to relieve my anxiety as there was no additional time for another test. If did contract trick and passed it on to my spouse my marriage would be over and that is the life threatening situation.

Okay i understand the situation.

Have you started taking metronidazole?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took it on monday. Massive dose.

Allright.

Now that you have taken the "massive dose" of metronidazole as well, i have all the reasons to belive that you are free from trich.

There were no symptoms, and that makes the possibility of trich extremely unlikely.

And the fact that you have also taken metronidazole now nullifies the chances of you to have trich.

Stay relaxed.

No need to worry at all.

Kindest Regards.