Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

Hi Ive had a pain in what I initially though it was my hips

Hi
I've had a pain in what I initially though it was my hips but I think it's more my groin area. Initially on my left side but now on both. It's woken me up in the night a few nights on the trot and ibuprofen doesn't appear to help but standard paracetamol does. In addition, today I had a bloody discharge - sort of like period blood but darker and it's the wrong time of the month to be my period. Wonder if this is connected and if I should visit my doctor of if this might just sort itself out.
BTW I'm a 45 year old woman and have been in pain for just over a week.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any pain on walking or moving the hip?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter your reply.

Dr. Saha :

Is there any tenderness on pressure in your groin area?

Dr. Saha :

Is there any discharge from vagina?

Dr. Saha :

When did you have last period?

Dr. Saha :

Do you have it regularly?

Dr. Saha :

Do you use any contraceptive?

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any other symptom?

Dr. Saha :

How is urine?

Dr. Saha :

You may be having difficulty in entering chat.

Dr. Saha :

I am changing to question & answer format.

Dr. Saha :

Please reply to those queries so that I can answer your question better.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any pain on walking or moving the hip? - No. often better when I move around.

Dr. Saha :

Is there any tenderness on pressure in your groin area? Yes a little

Dr. Saha :

Is there any discharge from vagina? Yes for the first time today. A bloody discharge.

Dr. Saha :

When did you have last period? 2 weeks ago.

Dr. Saha :

Do you have it regularly? yes

Dr. Saha :

Do you use any contraceptive? no

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any other symptom? Aches right down my legs to my knees but this is intermittent. Often worse at night or if I get cold.

Dr. Saha :

How is urine? OK I think. Was very dark yesterday but fine today.

Thank you Deborah, for the information,

The pain in the groin area can be due to a few possibilities.

There can be a muscle spasm or strain or it can come from hip.

But you are not feeling any pain on moving the hip.

An impingement of nerve can also cause pain to radiate to this part.

This pain can radiate down the leg.

This can be affected by posture or position during sleep.

Pain from urinary colic as from infection, stone can be felt here.

Urinary colic can radiate to inner parts of the thigh.

Inflammation or infection of pelvic organs can also cause pain in those areas.

As you are having bleeding those possibilities should be checked for.

I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

Doctor can advise a few tests depending on clinical findings.

An ultrasound or scan, urine analysis, swab or blood test can be required.

I hope this information helps.

Please continue conversation till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Regards.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Wish your healthy life. In case you need further help, let me know.

Dr Saha