Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I screwed up. Marty said hed be nice to me and leave me alone

Customer Question

I screwed up. Marty said hed be nice to me and leave me alone if i had sex with him. But he was drunk and mean. Now im crying
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thought you said you couldn't open a new page? What can I say--this is just going to keep going on until either you do something to stop it or just give up and let him go on doing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont be mean. I am such a skank. Hes right; that im a dirty person i cant afford to open a new page but i guess ill pay a bill late.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No he isn't right but why can't you just accept he isn't going to change? Not are you going to do something about it, but at least admit it and stop giving him the benefit of the doubt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I donk know. I think he can change
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not overnight. Are you deluding yourself into thinking he'll just come over one time and he'll be just fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously that isnt going to happen; he proved that tonght
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Agreed. In a way, letting him back in is analogous to your cutting--neither of those makes you a bad person, but you do it to relieve your depression and anxiety and low self esteem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does letting him back him relieve my depression and anxiety
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--and be specific here--why exactly did you let him back? What exactly were you feeling and what were you telling yourself? And when you cut, same question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I let him back because he said itd be the last time and hed leave me alone. I told myself if i did this one thing then hed be out of my life forever.

When i cut i feel relieved. I tell myself that cutting will make me feel better. While im cutting i feel better but when im done im pissed for being dumb and doing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So all you thought about letting him back in is that he would keep his promise and leave you alone? What about the other times you've let him back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This time thats all i wanted. The other times i missed him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well my point is the other times you were lonely and probably down and all that and you thought that having him back would relieve those feelings--just like with the cutting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are probably right. But this time i just wanted him to leave me alone in the future; do you believe me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I believe you but I hope you know that there's no way he'll keep that particular promise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope he does
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just makes me sad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You keep saying that--why sad exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its makes me sad that i keep letting marty hurt me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, at least now you know it's out of loneliness and depression. In a way it is sad but I fully understand it and it doesn't make you a bad person--just a hurting person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it makes me a dirty whorish person
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--go back to your negative, totally distorted and illogical thoughts--I have to get to bed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to ne allergic to a certain brand of tubbawear container?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Very doubtful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im burping up vomit
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We're starting to chat again. I can't really help you anymore with your GI problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why dont you want to help me with anything any more? Pretty soon you are going to be like dr ph and not even answer my questions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm just telling you that with the GI thing I really don't have anything more to add. Stop taking one small area and going ballistic in saying I don't want to help you anymore. After all, for now at least, you've got me for free. I just need to keep things to areas we can cover new ground with rather than rehash things I've said before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i make marty leave me alone
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What's he doing now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He keeps texting me. Saying i owe him for last night and that i better get ready
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Owe him how?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I owe him sex because i didnt let him finish last night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, again--the restraining order would also cover his trying to communicate with you in any way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i owe him?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You don't owe him anything and certainly sex isn't a bargaining chip or some sort of business transaction--he's totally full of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to stop letting him control me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I fully agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont leave me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I won't but we can't just chat and every so often I have to post an answer and get a rating--again, I have to play by the rules
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does this look like

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image-2_zps827cac4a.jpg.html
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Allergic reaction--maybe contact dermatitis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Use benadryl?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Topically and by mouth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have topical, anything else i coukd use? I have an rx for clobetasol cream
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That would do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk what it could be from
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hard to say unless you've changed soaps or detergents--you may never know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you hear of using prednisone for costochondritis
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good antiinflammatory so it could help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill be on it for 4 weeeks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--you'll need tapering the last week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 mg for 14 days, 10 mg for 7 days, 10 mg eod for 7 days
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--taper still but why are we talking about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gi dr told me i had to see my pcp for costochondritis. And thats what my pcp rxd me. But we can stop tlking about it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well we're just rambling a bit here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister has this opinion that the bomber shouldnt be allowed to be buried in america. But shes in with school shooters to be buried in america. She makes me so mad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, everyone's entitle to their opinion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its because of his nationality. She is such an idiot
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We're chatting again and I have to be off for about three hours. If you come back on then we really need to wrap up this page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i do for an unruley teenager
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ground them. Take important things from them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant ground her from work and she pays her own cellphone bill
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, except for denying her what you can, I don't have any other suggestions except sit down and talk to her about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I miss my parents
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hey--we can't just keep chatting and switching subjects on this one page. I'll take one more specific question to give you my thoughts on and then we really have to close--the rules are the rules and I'm sorry about that but I have to abide by them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
:(
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but my hands are tied--I've already been talked to once about chatting with you for a long, long page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lately? I really miss my parents
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes lately--OK let's go with this just a short while and then that has to be it. Miss them how and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I miss seeing them. I miss their company.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why haven't you seen them lately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because they live 2 hours away and they ate mean
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what's to miss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know. But every once in a while i really miss them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Normal feelings I guess but maybe spawned from the past and a longing to get back to that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can be done talkin
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--maybe later on another page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very last question on this page then i will rate. Is there a test to check for lactose intolerance. Ive been drinking lots if chocolate milk lately and my stomach has been really hurting
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Two--lactose tolerance test in which you drink a preparation and your blood glucose is measured to see if it rises--if it doesn't then you aren't absorbing lactose. The other is a hydrogen breath test--if the lactose stays in your gut and ferments, the hydrogen will show up. Of course, the simplest thing to do is to avoid lactose containing dairy products and see if the symptoms subside
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant open a new page right now. Marty says hes going to call the cops on me because i slapped him.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Oh really?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was in my face yelling at me. Saying he should just end me and i slapped him. I am no better than he is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Is that the first time you ever slapped him and what did he do after that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is. He pushed me and spit in me and said he was going to call the cop
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He won't do that and I don't blame you for defending yourself. But was he drunk and--sorry to say this once more--why, oh why, are you letting him be with you alone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He smelled like alcohol but ge didnt seem drunk. He came over because i let one of the girls go to the movie wirh her boyfriend without his permission
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What the hell does his permission have to do with the price of bread?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know. He has no say over the girls. But he doesnt get that.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, listen, I really don't have anything more I can tell you about Marty and the way he is--either you go ahead and get the restraining order or at least refuse absolutely to ever have him with you until he gets help, or this will just keep going on and on and on--it's your choice now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If he calls the cops will i end up in jail
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He won't--he's a coward I think and it would just be your word against his. And if he did, you have a lot of witnesses to his abuse toward you and he would never want that to get out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats not answering my question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, you won't go to jail if he calls you--he has no proof you slapped him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you good night. And i know i shouldnt have slapped him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, in this case I think it was totally justified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancers in her brain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What all did the oncologist say to her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He called this morning and said he needs to see her today to dicuss the results of her head and neck ct. That there are a couple spots that showed up that are likely metastatic processes. He wont see him until 1030. Yesterday when my aunt asked the radiation oncologist what her odds ate, he told her is shes alive after 5 years shes in the group that made it if shes not alive in 5 years shes in the group that didnt make it. But he didnt give her any odds
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, that wasn't much of a comment from the oncologist but at least it wasn't total doom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it spread to her brain, so the prognosis cant be good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do you think she will live for?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really don't have enough information and I don't know specifically what treatment she'll have so that really isn't a fair question. If I had to guess I'd say one to two years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Best I can do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be here after i done at the oncology appt
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saw tge oncologist, he said hes going to postpone chemo and radiation on the lung for the next 3 weeks. Instead hes going to focus on doin radiation to the spot on the brain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--usual protocol in a case like hers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more I can tell you about this particular problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ihave 3+ ketones in my urine
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You already know the most likely cause is not enough food intake.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It physically hurts to eat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We're going back to old talks again--I just don't have anything more to say on that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have to have some words of wisdom
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
About what exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About what i shoukd do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--do about what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant eat-ir causes a lot of pain. What can i do about it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
For now stick to a bland diet--nothing fatty, spicy or acidic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant keep living like this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Get to the Mayo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see my gi dr next week. Ill tell him then. Ive lost 4# XXXXX yesterday morning
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Try to eat and drink something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been drinking today. About 32 iz of water but im peeing a lot more than usual
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Have to go--get back to me tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So im keeping hydrated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i cant eat. I called my gi dr about my stomach and he yelled at me. He said i need to talk to the second gi dr i saw and cant jump back and forth. Ive mever even talked to the 2nd gi dr except for the consult
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what happens when you take just a bite or two of food?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My stomach starts to hurt, and i instantly feel like im going to vomit. And the feelig lasts for like 20 minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't really know what to tell you here--you should at least eat even if you get nauseated but I don't have anything to recommend about what to do for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ate an apple
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more I can tell you about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not going to die because i have 3+ ketones in my urine am i
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--just means your body is in starvation mode right now--at least drink some GatorAde and if you can get some Ensure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at an apartment today
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the Moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but Dr. Chip has opted out and is unable to assist further on this question. Please let me know if you are still waiting, and I will do my best to find another professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,

Camille

Expert:  Daegan12 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Can you give more detail on what your question is and I will try to assist you?