Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

i have a lum in the middle of my palm it is hard and doesnt

Customer Question

i have a lum in the middle of my palm it is hard and doesn't move around. any idears as to what it may be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--your age and gender? How long has this been there? It doesn't move if you flex your fingers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a 69 yr old female.No it does not move if I flex my Fingers. I would like to add, I have been working 6 days a wk for several months and am on the computer constantely. I work for Social Services and the cases are limitless. The knot has been there for at least 6 wks. but appears to have grown.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--this sound like a case of overuse induced tendonosis of the flexor tendon of your hand. Nothing too serious but if it bothers you a cortisone injection and a wrist/forehand brace will help take care of it if you need to continue to work full time on the keyboard