Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

grandson hit frony of his head Sunday against bathtub when

Customer Question

grandson hit front of his head Sunday against bathtub when he slipped from sutting on sink. Went to ER Dr indicated he did not sure if concussion and to keep him home for 2 days. This morning took him to ER at 2:00 AM after he threw up. Different ER Dr indicated had nothing to do with hit on head & probably flue. He slept in til 10:00 , has not eten well since Sunday and notw he is asleep again for 1:30. worried it is truely concussion. What should I do?  He is 3 1/2 yr old

Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.

medtech254 :

Sleeping more than normal and vomiting are symptoms that are associated with a concussion. It is not uncommon for someone with a concussion to be sent home and monitored. Vomiting in a single episode is not that much of a concern and may be the flu. What you need to look for as to signs of a serious problem including repeated vomiting episodes, a headache that gets worse or does not go away, weakness, numbness, or decreased coordination, repeated vomiting or nausea, slurred speech, extreme drowsiness, one pupil that is larger than the other, convulsions or seizures, a problem recognizing people or places, increasing confusion, or loss of consciousness. If any of these occur you should sontact your doctor or take him back to the er. As I'm sure you know the flu if that is in fact the problem does make you very tired and can share similar symptoms with concussion. Did the er doctor perform any testing like a ct scan or mri?

Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.
Were you able to see my reply?