Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi Dr. we spoke about 6 weeks ago since my Malaysia incident.

Hi Dr. we spoke about 6 weeks ago since my Malaysia incident. 6 weeks after I have gotten an oral swab test and it was negative....also at 3 weeks it was negative.......is this a sign/hope that 12 weeks will be negative?

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

mysticdoc :

THis is very good news.

mysticdoc :

The 12 week test will likely be negative also in view of this result.

mysticdoc :

Please do not worry.

Hi--sorry I was off line when you posted your question to me. Are you saying you had a second test at the six week point?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sir 3 week NEG rapid HIV at planned parenthood oral swab.......and 6 week NEG rapid HIV at planned parenthood oral swab

OK--at this point there is about a 98% chance you are negative and so the twelve week test should be negative. I think you really should relax and not worry about this but you do need the twelve week test to clinch the deal--once you have that and it's negative also you can move on and not look back because you will know you're HIV free
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Chip. Thanks for being patient and answering these questions even though you probably see the same thing everyday.

Last question - then i will leave this to rest and celebrate at the 12 week mark! :) ---- Every heard of a 6 week oral swab test being negative and then turning positive in 12? On some other forums they say that they have never seen this. Thanks again.

I have seen it happen but only twice. We can only go by statistics here but I guess the best thing I could tell you was if this were me, I'd get the final screen, but I wouldn't be losing sleep over it. Stay away from internet forums on things like this--you can't rely on the information you find there. My pleasure entirely for being able to help you--any time. Oh--please remember to rate my service to you.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doc! wen't in for my 2 month test....NEG :)

Great--so are you at peace now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sir. I actually posted another question that i would love your opinion on. Just noticing it the past month.....are you able to see my posting?

Sure--looked at the photo but it's not very clear. Can you take another one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i tried but it comes out the same.....tried searching for this topic online but can't seem to find any insight on it. I mean....when it's flacid you can barely tell at all...its just with a full erection it's there....There's no "growth" that i can feel when flacid or squeezing it....just looks a bit puffed up....

Just on the one side?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes...if you look at the picture.. to the left of the meatus....it definitely looks more pronounced in the picture cause there's a light shining off of it and it is erect. Maybe i'm being just a bit paranoid?? :)

I think you are being a bit paranoid--having looked again and carefully at the meatus I don't see anything abnormal at all. I would suggest that from now on you not do any research over the internet on your own. You just got over being worried about HIV and now you still are a bit obsessed with your penis--relax, my friend, you're fine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks Doctor,.....i have been "examining" it more all the time....probably never even thought twice about the shape of the head till a month ago.

So - that little bulge on the left definitely doesn't look like penile cancer?? :) haha i know it's rare, especially in 30 year old.....but the mind can wander :)

No--not cancer and really not abnormal--none of us have a perfectly smooth meatus
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to beat a dead horse - but my question was actually about the head of the penis - not the meatus... That the left of my head glans were puffed or bulging out to the left of the meatus.... Does this change your opinion?
No--I really don't see any bulging or puffiness and penile cancer is a sharply defined hard mass which you don't have
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Chip! Annoying guy here for one last question! First of all I'd like to thank you for all the time you spend doing this. If you wouldn't mind humoring me just one last time with my "penis paranoia" :) After this i'm outta these forums and on with my life! I posted another question about some brown spots on the rim of my penis glans.....visited my doctor and she said that it was totally fine and normal. Would you mind taking a look and giving me your opinion? Thank you and i greatly appreciate your time.

Also just to clarify.....in the pictures, the brown spot on my shaft is a mole that i had since i was young...

Yes--those are just little areas of hyperpigmentation--sort of like freckles. Nothing at all to worry about