Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have Primary Sjogrens Syndrome, Raynauds Phenomon, GERD,

I have Primary Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynaud's Phenomon, GERD, Fibromyalgia, and a diagnosed sleep disorder requiring oxygen at night. I have been ill since 1985, so I've learned to manage a lot of the pain and discomfort and wwork with the only Rheumatologist in Cheyenne, WY, and have a family physician.

I am having particular problem with bulging of veins, sometimes into hard knots that than burst and cause brusing on my thights and arms. But what concerns me is the cause of enlarged and very painful blood vessels in my hands, and feet and wrists that add to my fatigue and general feeling of illness and nauseau. Is there something more going on here that I should notify my Rheumatologist? He is new to me and it is hard to keep Rheumatologists in Cheyenne. I cannot drive.

Your symptoms are suggestive of vasculitis which can occur in the course of immune mediated diseases like Sjogren syndrome. You should consult your rheumatologist who may increase the dose of disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), if you are on any. Your doctor may also consider corticosteroids for short duration in high doses..

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. I had been considering the possibility of vasculitis but literature points to initial symptoms on the legs or in the head area. Now I feel more confident about approaching my rheumatologist.

You are very welcome, Cindy.

Vasculitis can occur and initiate on any body part; though incidence wise, lower limbs may involve more commonly.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please feel free for your follow up queries.

Please click excellent / good, if this interaction has been helpful and satisfactory. Only a positive rating gives us credit for the work and expertize. You can ask follow up questions, even after rating.