Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

drug test tomorrow. i workout 3 to four times a week. stoped

Customer Question

drug test tomorrow. i workout 3 to four times a week. stoped smokeing for two weeks and wiegh 210. been drinking water will i pass.
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.

medtech254 :

Hello! I will be assisting you today. I assume this is marijuana you are smoking? If so how long have you smoked and how much a day did you smoke?

Customer:

for years a joint a day or so

medtech254 :

Are you there?

medtech254 :

Ok.

Customer:

yes

medtech254 :

The length of time cannabis metabolites may be detected on average is typically no longer than 12 days for chronic users and between 3-4 days for infrequent users. This is assuming a 50 ng/ml cutoff threshold.

Customer:

also been take a detox will it help

medtech254 :

If it has been a full 2 weeks you are likely pass the test. The detox stuff rarely does much to help honestly. Most is simply a money maker for the manufacturer.

medtech254 :

Water consumption does help though and will dilute the sample as long as you do not overdo it.

Customer:

thank you

medtech254 :

The test will check for dilution to verify the sample.

medtech254 :

You are very welcome. Thanks for using Just Answer and please remember to rate my answer today.

Customer:

if a little thc shows will they pass it or failit

Customer:

or fail it

medtech254 :

The check for a minimum level so even at the lowest level of 20ng/ml you should be fine after 14 days. Most labs check for higher levels. So there may be thc in the sample but it has to be above a certain amount for the test to detect it.

medtech254 :

If the amount is not greater than this minimum amount it is a passing test.

medtech254 :

Are you having trouble with the chat page?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took at home drug text and failed. I may have a couple more days what can I do to pass. Tested with morning pee though
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
At this point there is little that can be done as a quick fix. Any last ditch methods will invalidate the test.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
Were you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. excellent service, does beer, apple cider vinger, or add new fat to your body help get thc out of system. still have about another week get or take some days. been working out / hot room and drinking water. took at home drug test and failed but with morning pee. to see if im really clean. if that matters

Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
Beer although it will dehydrate you and cause excess water to flush the system will only help a minimal amount. The apple cider vinegar (acetic acid solution) shifts the urine ph into an environment where more thc can be eliminated but you have to be very careful as it can cause other issues with the kidneys if very much is consumed. Adding new fat is not a feasible method to reduce the concentration in the body. The best bet is simply exercise to increase the metabolism in the body and consumption of plenty of water. You should also keep in mind that water while washing out testable substances can also wash out essential vitamins so it is important to take a daily vitamin to insure that a vitamin deficiency does not occur. Do not use the "special cleaners" or other scams sold to clean the system as they are not effective to a significant degree and can result in an invalid test and show as an adulteration of the sample which is just as bad as a failed test.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how much apple cider vinegar should I take. plus I don't drink at all so beer is not a good idea then.

also does fat burners help
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
Yes it would be best not to start drinking. The active ingredient in marijuana, THC, likes to store itself in your fat cells which is why it takes so long for it to be completely out of your system. The most effective method has been shown to drink as much pickle juice as you can. It will clean out your system and will generally not give the test inconclusive results. With apple cider vinegar it is normally diluted in water or other light liquid although the taste would be pretty vile.Vinegar is used often as a treatment for many situations that require detoxification in Chinese medicine but pickle juice will do the same thing and most likely be much more pleasant.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about fat burners does it help
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
As a board certified medical review officer, I would have to respectfully disagree with the suggestion that drinking pickle juice, vinegar or "fat burners" would be effective at reducing the period of detection for THC or any other drugs.

While you may find many less than reputable sites that promote such approaches to passing drug tests, there is absolutely NO scientific evidence that this approach is going to be effective.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
As I stated above either adding fat to the body or using fat burners to remove it would not significantly reduce detection times. With your test so close there is little that you can do be have a great impact on the passage of the test. With everything we have talked about your usage and the time since last consumption you should pass the test but are still in the grey area and not a for sure negative result.