Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I am having mild lower right abdominal pain. But its get worst

I am having mild lower right abdominal pain. But its get worst after been sitting. When a get up it get sharp and then go back to mild or goes way. This been going fo rabout two month. The did a Ct Scan to rule out the appendix. And it was negative. X-ray ok. All blood test ok. So what it could be?
Hi. Where exactly is the pain an in addition to the ct scan did you have colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I had a colonoscopy last September. The pain is in the lower right abdominal area. I cant pinpoint where.

Any tenderness or lump in the area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, no lumps, feels normal outside

One last question--does the pain ever radiate around the side towards your back, and are you saying your doctor has no idea what's causing it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No stays on that side. I mention something about colon inflamation, But dont know what think

Sorry--just one more--why the colonoscopy in September and that was completely normal? And no change whatsoever in your bowel movements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was normal. i was contispated but i am back close to normal

OK. There are three possibilities here. My first thought is that you have a small abdominal wall hernia--rare but it does occur. An MRI directed at the abdominal wall would check for that. Otherwise this could be a disk problem in the lumbar spine with radiation of pain from nerve compression to the right lower quadrant, and an MRI of the spine would look for that. Finally, this could be irritable bowel syndrome which often includes a normal colonoscopy and medications like Bentyl or Levsin can be used to treat that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but I forgot to tell you that it does radiate to my right groin or testicle.

No problem. With a normal ct scan it wouldn't be a kidney stone. It could possibly be prostatitis--prostate gland infection. And abdominal wall/inguinal hernia is still possible as is the lumbar disk consideration