Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

When I changed the litter box I kept touching the front bottom

When I changed the litter box I kept touching the front botXXXXX XXXXXd repeatedly and I was leaning over and the thoughts of my heart being affected started up in my head. Was I best to ignore the thoughts because even though my heart was beating a little faster from the activity the repeated touching cannot effect it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

Touching the lid will not affect your heart.

Dr. Saha :

A little faster heart rate can occur from anxiety.

Dr. Saha :

You should not worry about it.

Customer:

Thank you Dr Saha so even if the thoughts about my heart not working right by touching the lid will not affect anything and are false thoughts from anxiety?

Dr. Saha :

Yes, just thinking about it not working right will not affect your heart.

Dr. Saha :

Please try to relax.

Customer:

and the sensation I feel in my chest is just from stretching muscles to lean over to touch it?

Dr. Saha :

Increased rate of heart can also cause a sensation of palpitation.

Dr. Saha :

How are you feeling now?

Customer:

I feel okay heart is not racing

Dr. Saha :

That is good.

Dr. Saha :

Do not think excessively about heart.

Dr. Saha :

As you wrote before your tests were normal.

Dr. Saha :

This is reassuring.

Customer:

so my muscles in my chest could just be sore from exercising the last few days?

Dr. Saha :

Where do you feel the pain?

Customer:

left side back shoulder

Dr. Saha :

When did it start? Are you still feeling it?

Customer:

started yesterday

Dr. Saha :

Are you still feeling it?

Customer:

a little bit

Dr. Saha :

Does any activity aggravate it?

Customer:

yes a little

Dr. Saha :

Is there any tenderness?

Customer:

if I press on it there is no pain

Dr. Saha :

It can be muscular pain when movement of the shoulder affects it.

Customer:

does not sound like heart problem?

Dr. Saha :

But if it continues, please get an examination by doctor.

Customer:

I will I promise

Customer:

It sounds more like muscular then heart?

Dr. Saha :

Heart conditions can also cause pain. But when movement of shoulder aggravates it, it is more like a muscular one.

Dr. Saha :

Still if it persists, you should get it checked by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

Please feel free to ask, if you have any further query.

Customer:

Thank you Dr Saha

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My shoulder was feeling better with some ibprofen today and my cbt therapist thinks muscles are sore from just beginning to work out again. However when I was watching a tv show there was a man wearing a head band and I started to fixate on it during different scenes. As we discussed this kind of focusing in on something in this case tv show on a dvd cannot possibly affect the heart function because vision and heart function are separate?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
This kind of focusing will not affect heart. Please take rest & do not exercise at this moment till the muscle pain improves.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Last night I was watching an award show on tv and I focused on an actress belt then the picture shifted to another actor and I felt like I was anxious in my chest when the picture changed over from when i was looking at the belt. Was this just a nervous impulse from anxiety and no effect on the heart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.