Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

how does the md decide whether to order the plain cerafolin

how does the md decide whether to order the plain cerafolin as apposed to the cerafolin nac?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Plain Cerefolin contains only an active form of vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin).
But Cerefolin NAC also contains L-methylfolate (another B vitamin) and N-acetylcysteine (to improve the brain neurotransmitter acetylcholine).

So, Cerefolin NAC is better with additional vitamin B in it. It works by providing the body with folate, vitamin B12, and a form of antioxidant, which helps to reduce or eliminate oxidative stress and lower homocysteine levels.

Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cerefolin with NAC. so, if you are on antibiotics or some other medicines (there is a list of such medicines), your doctor may provide you with only plain cerefolin.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!