Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

what muscle or nerve is attached to the scapula and shoulder

what muscle or nerve is attached to the scapula and shoulder that makes you jog
and pull it into the mouth to eat
i think that is damaged- is it from the neck or shoulder
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

There are many nerves and muscles attached to the scapula.

What are your symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was told it may be rotator cuff

i have clicking weakness pain in the bonei feel like i don;t have the ability to feed myself because it is just hanging down and and if feels like it is comeing out of the socket

and i think i have a winged scapula - i took a picture of my back to doing scapula exercises which i can't anymore

You should get an X ray of the shoulder joint to look for any "shoulder dislocation" which can cause acute pain and weakness in the joint and inablity to move the shoulder properly. This is associated with a history of fall on the shoulder.

Rotator cuff tears are commonly seen with history of fall or in athletes due to overuse.

More likely possibility in your case (assuming you do not have any history of fall) is shoulder joint bursitis and supraspinous tendinitis (inflammation of the supraspinous tendon), can cause pain and weakness of the shoulder joint. You should get a Ct scan or ideally an MRI of the shoulder, as the findings are quite subtle and not detectable on an X ray.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what does high folate rbc mean in blood work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you tel me what high rbc foate is in the blood work

does it mean anything

I was offline.

High RBC folate means that there are increased blood folic acid level in your blood. Folate is a type of vitamin B found in vegetables , green leafy foods etc. High levels might be due to intake of daily supplements or consuming folate rich foods.

I do not know on why your doctor ordered for folic level analysis but since you have a high level , you should also check for the levels of vitamin B 12, intrinsic factor etc (which are related to folic acid)