Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I seem to cut my tongue by accident which Ive never realized

I seem to cut my tongue by accident which I've never realized it since there was no blood. But I can clearly see there is three-four lines in my tongue which I think it's a cut. I have been having this pain for already a week, my husband and his father(he's a doc) saying that it should heal it in 1-2 weeks, but I'm still having this strong pain. Is it really going to go away in another week? Also my gum is in pain too.. Probably due to inadequate chewing/biting due to the tongue pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

How large are the cuts?

Dr. Saha :

In which part of the tongue?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter your reply.

Customer:

Hello, how are you?

Dr. Saha :

Thank you.

Customer:

Each cuts is not that big, probably half an inch. All in the tip of my tongue, which create great pain every time I drink, eat, brush my teeth

Dr. Saha :

Is there any swelling around the cuts?

Dr. Saha :

Is the pain increasing?

Customer:

it's all red around the tip

Dr. Saha :

Did you take any medicine?

Customer:

and yes, i feel the pain is stronger somehow

Dr. Saha :

Did doctor examine it?

Customer:

I took motrin yesterday, but no medicine today

Customer:

my husband father is a doc but he didnt examine it physically, he consulted over the phone

Dr. Saha :

Tongue cuts can take time to heal.

Dr. Saha :

It may take 2 weeks too.

Dr. Saha :

But as the pain is increasing, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

Customer:

i'm looking forward for one more week

Customer:

oh

Dr. Saha :

You need to check whether there is any infection in the cut.

Customer:

right...

Dr. Saha :

You can continue motrin.

Dr. Saha :

This will help to reduce pain & inflammation.

Customer:

do i need to see doc or dentist?

Customer:

since my gum is getting red too

Dr. Saha :

You can see a dentist.

Dr. Saha :

He can examine both the tongue, gum.

Customer:

great, thanks. until then I'll take motrin

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Customer:

:)

Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer:

Thank you Dr. Saha

Customer:

Have a great day

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience