Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Well, I had sex 3 weeks ago. She had 1 wart on her vagina (

Well, I had sex 3 weeks ago. She had 1 wart on her vagina ( made me worried). I now have 2 red lines ( patches) along the base of my penis. Could this be herpes? They don't hurt, or itch. And they don't look like the sack filled bumps in the herpes pictures i saw online. btw i used a condom. The top part of my penis has had a red bump ( pimple) for at least 2 months now. Before having sex 3 weeks ago, my last partner was 3 years ago before that.....so that makes wonder where the 1st red bump came from? i popped it in the shower and looked like a zit. That part was there when i had sex ( and was covered with a condom). The base of my penis is what is concerning. Also, i would like to be able to post a picture.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have lump or painful blister on base of penis?
Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?
Are you on any medications?
Please attach the photo by clicking the paper clip icon. I am waiting for it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello? it wont let me post a pic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says "access denied"

now it let me. 3 years 1 partner. used a condom for sex with a different person 3 weeks ago. The bump on shaft was there before sex 3 weeks ago. i popped it like a zit. the shaft redness wasn't there before sex....has me worried

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have received your pictures, they are pretty clear. Please give me some time, i am posting answer in next 10 minutes.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, as you had used condom , this would provide some protection against warts, as it has covered her vagina. Though warts can be transmitted even with condom. It is because warts can grow on the surrounding genital skin, not the parts that a condom would cover.
Condom can decrease chances of getting STD.

From the picture and with symptoms you have described, it doesn't sounds to be Herpes or STD. These red patches, at base of penis is due to simple friction itself at time of sex , this cause irritation and infection in hair follicles. So I suspect it is a simple bacterial infection. It is common to have such red lines, and usually it would get resolve with antibiotic cream.

You should Apply triple antibiotic ointment twice a day on affected part for 7-10 days. You should take Tab Claritin 10 mg twice a day.
No need to get panic for Herpes or other serious STD.

Regarding red bump on top of penis, it can arise from sebaceous (sweat) glands. You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.You can try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap. You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain. You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.

Kindly follow these measures, and you would be free from symptoms by one week.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

from the pictures you saw? These don't look like herpes at all? I googled pictures and it looked at least a little similar.

Also could the bacteria infection you described, can it come 3 weeks later? (had sex 3 weeks ago)

Also could the Wart on the female be a warning to a possible "genital herpes" my partner may had? ( or so i thought)

you said "follow instructions and be symtptom free after a week". I told you i didn't have any symptoms. (no itching or burning). Did you note this?

i will give my rating after these questions are answered. thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX, I can understand your situation and worry for Herpes.

Yes, i have thoroughly reviewed pictures.
In case of primary infection( which occurs for first time) of herpes, one get painful red blisters that burst to leave open sores around your genitals. It is usually associated with painful urination, high temperature (fever), general feeling of being unwell. Such symptoms may last up to 20 days.
In your case, it doesn't looks to be herpes or other serious STD.

Yes, it is possible that infection in hair follicles can come after few weeks of sex. This is quite common condition, with good prognosis.

Genital warts are caused by human papilloma virus (HPV). Genital warts are spread through vaginal, anal, and oral intercourse.
Herpes is caused by by the Herpes simplex virus (HSV), and is another STD. These are different viruses. If she didn't had herpes, then you will never get herpes.
You would not get herpes from genital warts infected women.

For peace of mind, you can get it clinically examined from your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks dr. Just answer my last question you didn't answer before and I will be done and give you a great review!

"Do my pictures resemble herpes at all?"- because when i googled genital herpes, at least one or two pictures where at least a little similar.Are herpes always red? or can they be pink?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Pictures during Google search may often confuse one, and can sometimes give wrong perception for serious issue.
As a doctor, i believe that you don't have symptoms of STD or other serious issue. Please don't take stress for Herpes. You are absolutely fine, and please follow measures as advised in previous post.

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years