Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

hello there i was hoping i can get some tips and advice to

hello there i was hoping i can get some tips and advice to stay injury free in the sport i am currently playing....see i have a high intensity game for 90 minutes saturday and sunday and i am a person that is prone to get injurys easy in the past and i would also like to note that i have played soccer for 3 weeks after being away from the game for 10 years i am 28 years old and i played soccer at the highest level right up untill the age of 18 (semi-professional) and was extreemly fit and always outdone anyone in my age bracket in advanced fitness exercises... and i was a long distance runner,.. at the moment i struggle too much with fitness,and its a shock to me i cant get close to my team mates in fitness. maybe some advice on this would to improve this would be nice...i will also note that i have been doing other sport activities in the last 6 months.i also would like to note that before this 6 month period i did not do any activity or any form of exercise for over 6 years and was overweight,i was 105kg october last year now i am 89.5 kg... and i also want to ask a question about a pain in my foot i sometimes get so please if possible could we open a chat today?

thanks, james
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

hello there

Customer:

must have been site problems i clicked chat 4 times or so

Dr Brims :

Hello

Dr Brims :

Okay

Dr Brims :

Did you see my question?

Customer:

no medical conditions as yet but last 3 months i have had stages where i thought i was diabetic because i was hacing symptoms like constant urination bad smelling urine excessive hunger and thirstbut i got blood test and i got told that im slightly low in iron and over average level of cholestrol but overall good bloodtest

Customer:

results

Customer:

also i feel tired and weak in the joints

Customer:

i have never felt like this i feel im unhealthy

Customer:

but i keep being told i am fne

Customer:

fine

Dr Brims :

Do you take any medication?

Customer:

not at the moment

Dr Brims :

You seem very anxious

Dr Brims :

I think you should see your doctor for possible anxiety disorder

Customer:

ive been told that quite abit...can i ask what makes you think that?

Dr Brims :

Your answers, and the fact that you worry so much

Customer:

ok well i will look into that with my G.P on monday can i get some advice on my main question

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

i want to avoid injury over the weekebd as i was saying...

Customer:

weekend

Dr Brims :

You have resumed high activity sports too early, you need to keep exercising daily to prevent injury, I would recommend you stop playing this weekend if you feel any pain or weakness during the game

Customer:

ok, what about tips on what measures to take after the first game to be fully prepared physically if i feel fine after saturday

Dr Brims :

Make sure you replenish your electrolytes, and you may try to use protein shakes as well

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

yeah sorry thanks for that

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Customer:

and should i warm up or warm down or stretch ? and how much time should i spend doing this if so

Dr Brims :

You should spend 10 minutes warming up

Dr Brims :

And stretch for 5 minutes before and after

Customer:

ok thanks a bunch now i would like to ask about a bruise i have on my toe nail i picked up after wearing tight fitted boots it was sore for 3-4 days now 10 days later its just purple over toe nail no pain,i will note that i have not broken these boots in as yet.can i buy something to prevent it next time

Dr Brims :

Your boots are likely too tight, next time get a larger size

Dr Brims :

Alos consider wearing socks with thicker padding

Dr Brims :

Dr Brims :

Also*

Dr Brims :

Customer:

yeah unfortunatley i spent 200 euros on these boots and wont be buying any again for a while my feet were measured properlyand i got my correct size but the socks i have to wear a much thicker than the ones i tried onwhen purchasing the boots therefor abit tighter

Dr Brims :

okay, then you may have to avoid wearing them again, the only reason you could have bruised your toe is if you hit your foot against a hard surface or your shoes are too tight, you may try wearing socks that are not as thick

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

yeah thanks again

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims"

Customer:

ok

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience