Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

feeling a little light headed and slightly dizzy, worse after

feeling a little light headed and slightly dizzy, worse after nursing my 6 month old. I've been drinking lots of water but got worried so I checked my BP and it is 90/48. Not sure if I should go to ER/Urgent Care or just hydrate and relax...I'm concerned but not panic worried.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.

What is your pulse rate?

Any chest pain?

Please enter the chat to proceed.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Rebecca i am sorry i was unable to get your reply in chat so i am answering here. If your pulse rate is higher than 90 then this means that the cause of your low blood pressure is dehydration and yes in that case you should drink more water with some salt in it and if this improves your blood pressure and symptoms then you can continue this. If your pulse is lower than 70 or if the above measures are of no help then you should go to ER immediately because you may need worup for your heart. I have addressed your primary concern but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.