Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)

I have splinter hemorrhages, some ankle edema, morning facial

I have splinter hemorrhages, some ankle edema, morning facial edema, and elevated blood pressure (150/90) that came on suddenly and all concurrently.

Doctors have been able to diagnose and just prescribe high blood pressure medicine. I've had this for a few years now and am tired of feeling sick.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the question and coming on Just Answer. I would like to have few important details. Any tests done to investigate autoimmune disorders like lupus, rheumatoid? History of chest pain or shortness of breath? How long you have this high blood pressure? Any test done to see thyroid functions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No autoimmune disorder tests (except for an esophagus biopsy to look for eosinophils - if that counts as autoimmune - none were found).

I have had some chest heaviness, but no pain. Yes to shortness of breath, which is better with the iron pills, but not back to "normal".

Thyroid tests were within normal range.

I've been struggling with this for at least 4 years now with no answers.

I thought perhaps a blood culture might reveal some infectious agent, but the doctors tell me it's not necessary. I thought it was at least worth a try, but here in the US, it's up to the doctors, not the patient.

Thanks for the details. I am sorry to hear about this. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as Lupus, infective endocarditis, congestive heart disease, kidney disease, allergy, any mass or growth in colon, zollinger-ellison syndrome and others like that. I will highly advise to have these tests such as ANA levels, blood urea level/creatinine, chest x-ray, Heart EKG, immunology tests, stool for occult blood, serum gastric level. You need to discuss about all these possibilities & tests with your physician and preferably see specialist in internal medicine for evaluation. Treatment should be done accordingly.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes

Dr. Amir Javed.