Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

had 1 regular sized cup of coffee this morning now my right

had 1 regular sized cup of coffee this morning now my right hand has the pins and needles feeling that comes and goes and radiates to my elbow. right bp was 131/70....left bp was 143/80. this is maybe the 3rd time this month that this has happened.

please dont suggest i see a g.p. as i live in arkansas and the veterinarians here would be a better choice than our local doctors.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--what part exactly of your right hand has the pins and needles feeling? Did you mention this to the doctor when you were at the ER?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

whole hand has pins and needles..no, i didnt tell them about the hand but i did tell them about the same type of burning pain that i had in my legs and pelvis and also that it sometimes is in my armpits and runs down the inside of my arm to the elbow.

i am currently not taking any medications.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. All I can do here is to give you my thoughts and how I would work this up but that will only give you information and it won't change what may be going on. Will that be enough for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

anything will help.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK.. If this were only the hand and forearm I could say that you have either an ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow or a disk problem in the neck and that would take MRI's of the cervical spine and the elbow to evaluate for. If we consider that the same symptoms also included you legs and pelvis, that still could be a disk problem in the neck and in the lumbar spine but it could also indicate a systemic condition like a vitamin B 12 deficiency, heavy metal poisoning with either lead or mercury, Or potentially either multiple sclerosis or ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I can't simply give you just one cause for the symptoms but I do think they're concerning enough that you should have a full workup from a doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i did have hepatitus b in 1995 that required 1 year of interferon and then 6 months of epivir. i still get short bouts of pain in the gallbladder area. i also believe i have looked a little jaundice over the last couple of months, and my urine really really stinks. thank you in advance for all the info you have already given me.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure--you really do need to get the hepatitis checked out and a vitamin deficiency could be associated with the liver problem
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice