Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have fibromyalgia but lately Ive been aching a lot more.

I have fibromyalgia but lately I've been aching a lot more. My knees, ankles and wrists feel really weak, I seem to be a little more forgetful, but I feel overwhelmed with energy. Can this be a progression of the fibromyalgia or should I be worried about something else?

I don't have health insurance and so I don't take any medications for my fibro. I take Verapamil, Zoloft and Ambien.

Thank you
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

If there is any associated pain in the weak joints, you may be having degenerative osteoarthritis , this being very common in females.

The weakness can however be also due to low levels of calcium, magnesium and other minerals in your blood. It would be advisable to check the blood levels of these minerals.

Taking regular supplements is advisable.

You can go to a low cost health center in your locality for checking these minerals.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Hello Patricia, do you need any more help?
Thanks for the positive rating Patricia.

If you have any follow up or new questions, you can get back to me by requesting me as DR. BORA.