Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

I am 27, healthy, and I am having a fluttering/vibrating/pulsating

I am 27, healthy, and I am having a fluttering/vibrating/pulsating sensation on the outside/bottom of my left foot. It has been constant since yesterday, did not keep me awake overnight.

No other symptoms. Although I do feel like I am getting a cold. I have never had this sort of sensation before but I have had random times where I've had numbness in certain parts of my fingers and toes.

I was checked out a couple of years ago because I had severe numbness in my left foot and knee but doc concluded (after MRI) that I had a torn/strained glute muscle that was causing the numbness down my leg.

Any thoughts? Worth a trip to the PCP? Wait and see if it goes away? No pain, just weird, and distracting.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

Is there any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke swelling, redness?

Customer:

No

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any pain in the back?

Customer:

I cannot feel it from the outside - like when I touch or squeeze my foot. It feels like it's inside

Customer:

My back? no

Customer:

Back of my foot? no

Dr. Saha :

Do you take any medicine?

Customer:

Pristiq 50 mg, birth control, spironolactone (for acne), clonopin .5 mg at night

Dr. Saha :

This can be due to muscle twitching or cramps.

Dr. Saha :
The possibility can be irritation of nerve.
Dr. Saha :
Sometimes, no cause may not be detected.
Dr. Saha :

Anxiety, stress can be related.

Customer:

ok, do you think it's worth investigating further with a doctor in person? does it sound at all like MS?

Customer:

any timeline? like if it keeps happening for x number of days I should go to the doctor?

Dr. Saha :
It can pass away by its own.

Dr. Saha :
Gentle massage, application of warm or cold can help.
Dr. Saha :

It can be associated with electrolyte change, fatigue, vitamin deficiency, caffeine intake etc

Customer:

ok i will try massage, warm water

Dr. Saha :

If those above measures do not help, then you need to get it checked by doctor.

Customer:

my caffeine intake is minimal, i take a multivitamin

Dr. Saha :

Please take plenty of fluid also.

Customer:

ok, how long do you think i should give it? i dont want to go to the trouble of seeing a doctor for something insignificant

Customer:

ballpark on number of days?

Dr. Saha :

There is no such ball mark for days.

Dr. Saha :

You need to watch it.

Customer:

ok thank you

Dr. Saha :

If there is no sign of decrease or if it is increasing then you need to consult doctor.

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience