Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I was recently diagnosed with SR Rare ectopy after wearing

I was recently diagnosed with SR Rare ectopy after wearing a Holtor monitor for 48 hours. My physician said there wasn,t any need for treatment at this time. She said if dizziness or chest pain is involved then there would be. My question is do you think there should be any thing else done at this time such as an Echo or EKG or even an x-ray?

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Why was the holter monitoring ordered?Was it a regular check up?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please enter chat to reply.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello? Please use chat to respond.

I was awaiting your reply, Sheri.

Ectopic beats are common and do not indicate a problem in people without heart disease.
I believe you do not have any diagnosed heart condition that needs treatment.

This just needs follow up.

However, as a doctor, i would advise you to get an echo done to look for any structural heart disease of silent myocardial infarction (asymptomatic heart disease) which might be associated with the ectopy.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Hello Sheri, do you have any more question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I sent a reply. Did you receive it?

No, Iam still waiting for your reply.

Do you have any more question after the answer I sent. Please read up my answer:

This just needs follow up.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry I thought I sent my first reply. I said that the reason I went to my doctor was I was having palpitations. I also do get dizzy sometimes, but have no syncope episodes. Thanks again for your advise!

Hey thanks sheri, for once I received your reply!

Alright. You are symptomatic with palpitations and dizziness. This calls for excluding heart problems like coronary heart disease, valvular heart disease like aortic stenosis or mitral valve prolapse and even heart block (although you do not have syncope) . All these conditions can be tested by doing echocardiography and EKG. As you have already had holter monitoring, you may not do an EKG but an echo is advisable.
  • Please talk to your GP or cardiologist at the earliest for a follow up echocardiography and depending on the results, you may need other tests like stress trest, cardiac enzymes etc.

I hope my answer has helped you.