Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Im a female, 26, have a healthy weight accoring to the BMI

I'm a female, 26, have a healthy weight accoring to the BMI chart, and take vitamins. I eat pretty well and am active. I have always had delicate skin, but lately the bruising and cutting have gotten worse. I scratch easily, and a paper cut takes 5 minutes to stop bleeding. Also I have had waves of natuousness more frequently for no apparent reason. I have ruled out regular causes by watching what I'm doing when it hits. It's very mild but uncomfortable. What could be going on?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : With this problem we would typically check your blood for low platelets or any clotting disorder...
Anthony Bray MD : These would be important to rule out as possible causes if easy or seemingly prolonged bleeding from a minor cut.
Anthony Bray MD : You might benefit to take vitamin C 500 mg/ day. Deficiency of vitamin c could be a cause of easy bruising in particular. This problem can also show up with bleeding upon brushing your teeth...
Anthony Bray MD : Vitamin K deficiency is another potential cause but if you have normal diet and absorption then this would not be common...
Anthony Bray MD : You could have a inherited condition affecting your blood clotting.
Anthony Bray MD : The blood may be tested for Protime and aPTT as the standard tests for clotting....
Anthony Bray MD : These would show if you had any unusual clotting process related to your symptoms.
Anthony Bray MD : It is often the case that people may notice the unusual bruising or bleeding but no medical problem is found. It is important to check for these potential problems with your history though.
Anthony Bray MD : i hope that this helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD