Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

hello, I have COPD , this morning I am alittle short of breath,

hello, I have COPD , this morning I am alittle short of breath, but I did a lot of house work yesterday, more than normal, and am very tired, not sure if this is due to yesterday or my COPD , I slept 8 hours last night but all I want to do is sleep today , should I call my Dr
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have cough with green phlegm?
Are you still having breathing discomfort?
Do you have chest pain with exertion?
Are you taking any pills for COPD ?
Do you have numbness in arm/shoulder?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a slight cough, no its not green, and some discomfort , no chest pain, and I use Symbicort and Albuterrol nebs which I just did, and no to the last Q, I have pinched nerves in my neck so sometimes it gets that way.

Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, breathing discomfort may be common after exertion from hard work. As you have done physical work, more than normal, this has resulted in aggravation of COPD. It has caused breathing discomfort.
Fatigue is also associated with such cases of COPD.

Based upon your symptoms, if required a short course of systemic corticosteroid therapy may be given by your doctor.
Along with this, Oral medications like montelukast (Singulair), zafirlukast (Accolate)can be prescribed.
Based upon clinical examination, if required Pulmonary function tests can be advised by your doctor.

You should continue with nebulizer and please get it clinically examined from your doctor.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business