Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Ok so I have been fighting these issues for 4 months now...I

Ok so I have been fighting these issues for 4 months now...I have a constant 'choking' feeling in the left side of my neck, odd chest ache (left side) occasional arm pain in left arm, back of my head has a slight ache like I'm dehydrated, left side aches. Nothing is swollen or tender at all, but it's been constant. I have had 11 ekg's,XXXXXs, 1 head mri, a treadmill stress test AFTER the heart echo at rest, countless amounts of blood work, nothing. I see a neurologist in the morning. I fear it's a clot or clogged artery. Prior to all of this I watched my mom die, lots of stress in my life and I was inactive for 6 months. Go to work, home, play on my laptop for 4 hours, bed, repeat. Doc says it's not, i'm scared. 24y-o male, 225lbs.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Dr. Saha :

How frequently do you feel those symptoms?

Customer:

Hello and thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I feel in the neck, and left side of chest almost constant. It isn't debilitating and doesn't seem to get worse with strenuous physical activity, but it is constant.

Dr. Saha :

How long do they last?

Customer:

When they hit me hard they only last maybe a few mintues.

Customer:

minutes*

Dr. Saha :

Though your symptoms have similarity with heart disease, clot in the artery but as you had so many EKGs, stress tests, CT, MRI, those are likely to be related to stress & anxiety.

Customer:

The muscles in the back of my neck and in the center of my chest are always tight, and when i press my palms together it makes my chest really hurt sometimes.

Dr. Saha :

Moreover, they do not get worse with exercise.

Customer:

Correct

Dr. Saha :

Muscle spasm can occur. You may feel it with anxiety.

Customer:

When I had my treadmill test my left arm and face got heavy and numb though...and that's another thing my left side will droop from time to time and feel really heavy like I had a stroke. It really freaks me out :(

Dr. Saha :

But in case of stroke, CT, MRIs should show some signs.

Customer:

The 2 CT's I had were done 1-1/2 months apart with no changes and my recent MRI was perfectly fine as well.

Dr. Saha :

You need to consult a neurologist as you have decided.

Dr. Saha :

So you should not worry.

Dr. Saha :

Please try to relax.

Customer:

My appointment is at 1:30 today. I know I shouldn't, but I do. It all scares me pretty good though.

Dr. Saha :

Anxiety would make your symptoms worse.

Dr. Saha :

So try to relax as much as you can.

Customer:

My primary doctor had me taking xanax for a while and that really made me crazy. I had these horrible thoughts all the time and it made me twitchy. Then we tried Paxil and a few anti-depressants and those messed with my head bad.

Dr. Saha :

Please inform the neurologist about these effects. He can then find you an alternative after examination.

Customer:

I will. I have everything written down; what time these 'attacks' happen, how i was feeling physically and emotionally, etc.

Dr. Saha :

That is good.

Customer:

Should I seek out a therapist or get some counseling for the loss of my mom? I am realizing now that I am not dealing with it as well as I thought I would.

Dr. Saha :

Yes, counselling can be helpful.

Dr. Saha :

But first get an examination by neurologist.

Dr. Saha :

He can also refer you for counselling.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know
Customer:

Ok, thank you. I appreciate the help and I will try and relax the best I can.

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Customer:

I will, and thank you again