Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience:  M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.

I have anxiety related issues in regards XXXXX XXXXX and bycicle

I have anxiety related issues in regards XXXXX XXXXX and bycicle riding.I think they both stem from the fact my father was not very supporting teaching us these skills when we were young.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Any history of injury during swimming and bicycling?

Anxiety and stress?

Are you taking any medications?

Do you feel any symptoms during such activities?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

swimming-father played water games that were not to my liking and continued even after asking him to stop and crying .

bycicle-at about age 10 got on someone elses bicycle he was supervising me but got impatient and decided i couldnt learn.

I feel symptoms of anxiety,.imbarrassement which don't resolve over time.

Thanks for providing more information.

I understand your concern.

And i think it's just your disinterest in such activities which make you anxious.

You feel impatient because of fear to face your father's reaction.

As it's human nature and it's normal that a person can't learn without his willing.

So you shouldn't worry and don't put negative impact on your life.

You are a free person and if you don't want to learn swimming and bicycling then you should ignore them.

You should prove yourself in other activities which you do with happiness.

If you still worry then it's good to get a counselling from a pyschologist which helps in handling such anxiety related issues.

Do meditation and deep breathing exercises.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience: M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don;t understand what you mean by"you feel inpatient because of fear to face your fathers reaction"

.

As your father was not supporting you learning -swimming and bicycling.

Even you cried when you do such activities so it might be possible that you couldn't say anything about your disinterest to your father.

Having said this, i just want to help you to make you relax as it's human nature that a person can't learn everything perfectly.

So you shouldn't worry dear.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was'nt that I was disinterested but he did not stop certain behaviour when I showed signs of fear.He was not interested in me learning the skills.

I understand your feelings.

And as you have grown up and at your current age,if you don't want to learn swimming and bicycling then it's fine.

These activities are not so compulsive to learn in our life.

So you should do other physical activities which you like the most.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician