Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

hello, 2 weeks ago i went to a prostitute to have sex with

hello, 2 weeks ago i went to a prostitute to have sex with a friend. She gave me both protected oral and vaginal sex. But she didn't put the condom on correctly, she putted it while i was not fully erected. Anyway, we had sex and when i got into her she told me that when i was gonna finish to put my penis out and cum outside of her and so i did. When i was about to finish i pulled out and i told her to perform oral to me until i finish. She did so and no cum seemed to leak out of the condom. Although she commented that i did not have much. Anyway, 2 weeks later i have shoulder pain, and i had and diarrhea for 2 days but now its gone. Is it possible to be hiv? Could the condom broke without me realizing it, cause i heard from many that condom failure is obvious leaving no question if its broken or not. Please help me ease my mind. Thanks again
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

I see that you have a poor accept rate. However, I would be more than glad to help you if you genuinely read my answer and rate me positive.

I can proceed if you have a positive acceptance of my answer.

Have you done an HIV test till now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah, 2 months ago and it was negative

But you told me you went to the prostitute 2 weeks ago? Did you test before you were exposed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does my previous test has to do with this? i tested previously for another exposure

I do not know that you were exposed earlier also, you did not provide the history in your question.

Anyway, condom breakage is very obvious and it cannot happen without your knowledge.

If you never saw the conddom break , it is likely that it never broke.

Moreover, your other symptoms like diarrhea and shoulder pain are hardly suggestive of HIV.

You can however get HIV tested to clear your doubts. The tests are done 1 month, 3 month and 6 months after the exposure.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as a doctor would you recommend a test in this case?

I would because she is a prostitute and you do not know her HIV status. If you are negative after the first test, you may not need the tests after 3 and 6 months.

My best wishes for you!

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah, but if the condom was not broken i wasnt exposed

Yes,i know that.

Just to be on the safe side and if you are feeling anxious about the whole situation. Otherwise, from a medical point of view, the test would not be necessary.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

last thing and i am going to answer, a broken condom is a condom burst wide open, i am sking that and for further knowledge.. i mean the penis head is popped out of the condom if it breaks?

Condoms usually rip or tear if it is too tight or not worn properly. So, when broken, it is easily visible to the naked eye, do not worry about that! The penis head may pop out through it or sometimes the shaft, depending on where the break occurs.

Hello Harry,

I have answered your question.

May I help you any further?

Thanks,
Dr. Bora.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

another thing doc, i ejaculated out of her vagina so if the condom was borken then i would have seen the cum leeking out right?

Yes, harry. If the condom was broke, the cum would be outside of the condom and you would have felt and seen it. You are correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor i have been experiencing and 2 incidents of vomiting in this week

Vomiting could be due to acidity. Take peptobismol OTC , it will take care of the vomiting and any other associated symptoms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it has nothing to do with the hiv concern right?

Yes, i don't think so. Get a stool culture done if the diarrhea persists one week or more to exclude bacteria and parasite infection of the intestine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

alright then thank you doctor, last thing and i am off. Yesterday when i entered the bathroo i noticed a red bloctch on my shoulder, its not itchy and not swollen at all. Should i be worried or?

Harry, I think the red blotch could be due to actinic (sun exposure), bug bite, rosacea etc.

You can apply 2% hydrocortisone on the blotch which is available OTC . I am sure it will take care of the rash.

You can also see your GP if the rash does not disappear.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not think is a rash, it doesnt hurt and its not itchy, its just a blotch there, its there for 2 days

A red blotch can also be due to sun exposed dermatitis.

I think you should see your GP for this and get the blotch clinically examined. for better diagnosis.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you can be exposed to the sun while wearing clothes as well?

Not that, usually with direct sun exposure but sweating can also cause such a blotch.

I think I have answered you too many varied questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright thank you

You are welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor its exam perido and i need you to answer me one more thing i will pay extra and give another feedback if necessary in order to ease my mind. I also developed runny nose and snezzing 2 days later, the sneezing is now gone, then i had fever for some hours yesterday night which is also gone now, and today i have headache, but yesterday i was clubbing but i slept well donot know if the headache is form there. Are these symptoms hiv associated?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor i went for an hiv test and i am waiting for my results, i wanted to ask you another think because i am in my exam period and i want to know what is happening to me, all this symptoms i told you vomiting diarrhea shoulder pain, some weeks later a renny nose and sneezing, 1 had a fever for some hours then it was gone and a red blotch... especially that red blotch are indicative of hiv? all these in combination? answer me pls and i will add further bonus

After a long time.

What tests have you done for HIV?

ELISA or Western Blot?
The red blotch itself is not indicative of HIV.Those who have symptoms generally experience symptoms similar to the common cold or flu: fever, fatigue, and, often, rash. Other common symptoms can include headache, swollen lymph nodes, and sore throat. These symptoms can occur within days or weeks of the initial exposure to the virus during a period called primary or acute HIV infection. Many infections that are not HIV can cause similar symptoms, including mononucleosis, viral hepatitis, other sexual transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis. Stress and anxiety can also produce similar symptoms in some people, even though they do not have HIV.

So, waiting for your test results wouild be the best guide to confirm if at all you have HIV.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i asked you if my symptoms as i explained the are indicative or not?

NO, they are not specific for HIV.

That is why I have described you the symptoms of hiv so that you would have an idea about the early symptoms.